Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

[Solved] OXPing on Windows, shift key not flushing the cache

News and discussion of the PC port of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[Solved] OXPing on Windows, shift key not flushing the cache

Post by RyanHoots »

Well, I'm stuck, and I need help.

While OXPing on my new Windows-running PC (boo), I have a problem with flushing the cache. The computer is so fast that I can't hit the shift key fast enough to get Oolite to know I want it to reload my OXPs.

On Linux, I'd open the GNUstep defaults file and tell Oolite to always flush the cache on startup, however I can't seem to locate the file on Windows.

So, my questions are: Is there a better way to get the cache to flush? Can that GNUsteps file be found hidden in Window's sloppy mess of a filesystem? Should I just install Linux?
Last edited by RyanHoots on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: OXPing on Windows, shift key not able to flush the cache

Post by Thargoid »

It should be under <oolite root>/oolite.app/GNUstep/Defaults as .GNUstepDefaults

Or alternately you can just put a fake folder.oxp (or whatever) folder in your addons, and when you want to refresh the cache just rename it to somethingelse.oxp. The game will detect that change as a newly installed OXP (and a removed one), that the cache is now stale and it will rebuild it.
RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: OXPing on Windows, shift key not able to flush the cache

Post by RyanHoots »

Thargoid wrote:
It should be under <oolite root>/oolite.app/GNUstep/Defaults as .GNUstepDefaults

Or alternately you can just put a fake folder.oxp (or whatever) folder in your addons, and when you want to refresh the cache just rename it to somethingelse.oxp. The game will detect that change as a newly installed OXP (and a removed one), that the cache is now stale and it will rebuild it.
Thanks, it's working now.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Solved] OXPing on Windows, shift key not flushing the c

Post by JazHaz »

I have

Code: Select all

"always-flush-cache" = YES;
set in .GNUstepDefaults.

It does flush the cache every time on my Win7 laptop.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

RyanHoots wrote:
The computer is so fast that I can't hit the shift key fast enough to get Oolite to know I want it to reload my OXPs.
I can shift-click the Oolite icon to launch Oolite, so the shift is pressed before the computer knows that I am to be launching Oolite. Or is your computer so fast and intelligent that it can predict that you will launch Oolite after you press the shift key? :lol:

Or do strange things happen in Windows when the shift was already pressed on Oolite launch?
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Eric Walch wrote:
I can shift-click the Oolite icon to launch Oolite, so the shift is pressed before the computer knows that I am to be launching Oolite. Or is your computer so fast and intelligent that it can predict that you will launch Oolite after you press the shift key? :lol:

Or do strange things happen in Windows when the shift was already pressed on Oolite launch?
No, nothing strange happens. Pressing shift before launching the game works fine on Windows too.