Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

1.64 Niggling Little Things

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston, Getafix

FlyingBlind
Above Average
Above Average

1.64 Niggling Little Things

Post by FlyingBlind »

Now that work seems to be slowing down and I can devote myself to more important things, I've been enjoying v1.64 on a grand scale. I just completed the "Thargoid War" run in Galaxy 3, and will now spend a fair amount of time working my way through the rest of 3 before I move on.
1.64 does seem to perform much better than it's predecessors. The game has the same fluid feel that I like so much. I have, however, encountered a few minor glitches:

1. Upon startup, accessing my status screen will show 0 tons cargo in the hold, and then list a breakdown and accurate tonnage amounts of what is actually there. To be honest, I encountered this in an earlier version, and then got distracted and didn't report it immediately. Sorry for that.

2. The other night, upon docking with a rock hermit, my ship glided right through the back wall of the docking bay and into space behind the asteroid. When I flew around and repeated the docking, it worked correctly.

3. On 2 occasions in the past couple of days, my fuel scoops simply stopped working. The first time it happened, I was scooping up a cargo container. I immediately dropped onto the nearby star to test, and the scoops worked perfectly. Could this be an intermittent failure of a piece of well worn equipment? At the time, I was enjoying lots of impromptu meetings with lots of Thargoids. After the mission completed, I did conduct a maintenance overhaul and haven't noticed the problem since.

By the way, I'm running v1.64 on a Mac Powerbook, 1.67GHz processor,
1Gb RAM, qith OS X v10.4.5. I'm running the game only, with no oxp's installed.

Thoughts?

Dan
Oolite? Is that like Bud Lite?