Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

(RELEASE) Orisis Class (updated to 1.3)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: (RELEASE) Orisis Class (updated to 1.3)

Post by Diziet Sma »

spara wrote:
Download link does not work anymore :(?
Hmmm..

"File or folder removed"

Huh? :shock:
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Thanks guys for reporting and confirm that the file is not on my Box.com. Will look into it. Probably have to startup my PC to search for a zipped version of the original file and re-upload it.
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
fronclynne
Deadly
Deadly

Post by fronclynne »

It's a TINY bit of a pig, with all those giant textures, at around 15M, but here's a copy I had sitting around: https://www.box.com/s/koz8uqujcb8e9dq1hnk8
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Thanks Dizzy and fronclynne. I uploaded the thing on my box too.
And updated the wiki and the first post.

Now have fun again with the Orisis.

New download link:

https://www.box.com/s/2uks5sum8tpfil5rv3tz
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

I just noticed a Gecko attacking a Orisis class cruiser. The Orisis launched several defenders against the Gecko. Later on two police ships added the crew. From a big ship, you would expect to not interfere with the battle himself, but let the defenders do the job. Than the funny part happened: The captain of the cruiser apparently had followed a sniper training:

More a behaviour someone would expect with the Gecko. :lol:
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

:D Glad those captains don't sit back but actually 'do' something :lol:
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

I love seeing these huge ships in my ooniverse but have noticed the following in my load up log. I don't know if it is important or not.
12:26:29.951 [ship.missileLaunch.invalidPosition]: ***** ERROR: The missile_launch_position defines a position (0, 0, 0) behind the <ShipEntity 0x19bfb528>{"Orisis class Ferry" position: (-4993.3, -5681.32, 66199.4) scanClass: CLASS_NEUTRAL status: STATUS_IN_FLIGHT}. In future versions such missiles may explode on launch because they have to travel through the ship.
12:26:32.808 [ship.missileLaunch.invalidPosition]: ***** ERROR: The missile_launch_position defines a position (0, 0, 0) behind the <ShipEntity 0x19bfb528>{"Orisis class Ferry" position: (-4993.42, -5692.54, 66840.8) scanClass: CLASS_NEUTRAL status: STATUS_IN_FLIGHT}. In future versions such missiles may explode on launch because they have to travel through the ship.
12:26:37.314 [ship.missileLaunch.invalidPosition]: ***** ERROR: The missile_launch_position defines a position (0, 0, 0) behind the <ShipEntity 0x19bfb528>{"Orisis class Ferry" position: (-4993.62, -5709.72, 67821.8) scanClass: CLASS_NEUTRAL status: STATUS_IN_FLIGHT}. In future versions such missiles may explode on launch because they have to travel through the ship.
12:26:40.325 [ship.missileLaunch.invalidPosition]: ***** ERROR: The missile_launch_position defines a position (0, 0, 0) behind the <ShipEntity 0x19bfb528>{"Orisis class Ferry" position: (-4993.77, -5721.5, 68495.3) scanClass: CLASS_NEUTRAL status: STATUS_IN_FLIGHT}. In future versions such missiles may explode on launch because they have to travel through the ship.
Once again , probably irrelevant as I never have fired a Missile at an Orisis and nor imagine that I shall. :)

Incidentally the Cool emoticons in the report are not really cool emoticons rather they are an 8 and close bracket but hey, that's forum translators I suppose. :D
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

Duggan wrote:
I love seeing these huge ships in my ooniverse but have noticed the following in my load up log. I don't know if it is important or not.

Code: Select all

12:26:29.951 [ship.missileLaunch.invalidPosition]: ***** ERROR: The missile_launch_position defines a position (0, 0, 0) behind the <ShipEntity 0x19bfb528>{"Orisis class Ferry" position: (-4993.3, -5681.32, 66199.4) scanClass: CLASS_NEUTRAL status: STATUS_IN_FLIGHT}. In future versions such missiles may explode on launch because they have to travel through the ship.
12:26:32.808 [ship.missileLaunch.invalidPosition]: ***** ERROR: The missile_launch_position defines a position (0, 0, 0) behind the <ShipEntity 0x19bfb528>{"Orisis class Ferry" position: (-4993.42, -5692.54, 66840.8) scanClass: CLASS_NEUTRAL status: STATUS_IN_FLIGHT}. In future versions such missiles may explode on launch because they have to travel through the ship.
12:26:37.314 [ship.missileLaunch.invalidPosition]: ***** ERROR: The missile_launch_position defines a position (0, 0, 0) behind the <ShipEntity 0x19bfb528>{"Orisis class Ferry" position: (-4993.62, -5709.72, 67821.8) scanClass: CLASS_NEUTRAL status: STATUS_IN_FLIGHT}. In future versions such missiles may explode on launch because they have to travel through the ship.
12:26:40.325 [ship.missileLaunch.invalidPosition]: ***** ERROR: The missile_launch_position defines a position (0, 0, 0) behind the <ShipEntity 0x19bfb528>{"Orisis class Ferry" position: (-4993.77, -5721.5, 68495.3) scanClass: CLASS_NEUTRAL status: STATUS_IN_FLIGHT}. In future versions such missiles may explode on launch because they have to travel through the ship.
Once again , probably irrelevant as I never have fired a Missile at an Orisis and nor imagine that I shall. :)

Incidentally the Cool emoticons in the report are not really cool emoticons rather they are an 8 and close bracket but hey, that's forum translators I suppose. :D
Hi Duggan.

Using the <code>...</code> tags (using square brackets of course) when inserting code or log entries resolves the issue with your smiley faces. Also, you can disable smilies for a single post.

(Hmm: phpBB needs a [noparse]...[/noparse] tag). Would make giving advice like this much easier.
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Gimi wrote:
(Hmm: phpBB needs a [noparse]...[/noparse] tag). Would make giving advice like this much easier.
The [icode][/icode] tags may be what you are looking for?
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

Thargoid wrote:
Gimi wrote:
The [icode][/icode] tags may be what you are looking for?
I tried that and it didn't work.
I see now that it does, so I must have made a mistake with the tags somehow. :oops:
(But something strange is going on. When I quote you the iCode tag in your post acts strange.)
[code][/code]
[icode][/icode]
Just on my computer?
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Having icode tags within other icode tags get a bit weird, as it seems that the two pairs get a bit mixed up (you can see in my original post that the formatting of the two tags displayed is slightly different too). It's probably a glitch in the underlying phpbb code, but it generally works well enough to get the job done (as you wouldn't normally be embedding icode tags within other icode tags anyway except for the example above).

For normal usage they work quite well for non-parsed text, albeit sometimes the format difference can be unwanted as it makes the text stand out, but it's the price paid.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Gimi wrote:
The "disable smilies" and "disable BBCode" checkboxes below the post entry window might be helpful here. Less so if you want them for some bits and not others, obviously.
BuggyBY
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by BuggyBY »

Duggan wrote:
Once again , probably irrelevant as I never have fired a Missile at an Orisis and nor imagine that I shall. :)As
As far as I know, these errors refer to missiles fired by the Orisis, not at it. I'm curious how many missiles tend to be carried by ferries these days, though ... I suppose that as soon as work starts on the planned Navy frigate version mentioned on the first page, this will definitely need to be addressed.
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Thank you for reporting. Looking in the ship data.plist I see that the Orisis currently has some weapons. A front beam laser. ( I probably keep it that way as it is the last line of defense. And 4 missiles. I will probably release an update with no missiles. But you can do it yourself too by just editing the .plist.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

There's no need to remove the missiles. You only need to fix their launch position.