Beta OXPs for Trunk 1.77

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: Beta OXPs for Trunk 1.77

Post by Cody »

I like the idea of the commodities market OXP - just tried it. While in flight, I presume F8 just displays the median prices, yes?
I noticed that launching, then immediately docking, changes the prices - yes?
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Gimbal Locke wrote:
I do understand that, but I did not try to install from this thread (of course, since I'm still on 1.76), I tried to install some OXPs which are labeled as "1.76.1 compatible" in the [EliteWiki] list on the wiki, such as (checking my dustbin for OXPs with a higher version number than in AddOns) Cabal common library 1.6, Snoopers 2.3.3., BGS A1.5, Vector 1.7.1 and Explorer's Club 1.3.3.
CCL1.6, Snoopers2.3.3, BGS1.5 and Vector1.7.1 are v1.76.1 versions. If something does not work with these versions then it's a bug .-)
Gimbal Locke
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimbal Locke »

Svengali wrote:
CCL1.6, Snoopers2.3.3, BGS1.5 and Vector1.7.1 are v1.76.1 versions. If something does not work with these versions then it's a bug .-)
OK, I'll start a new thread about this, I don't want to derail Thargoid's nice 1.77 OXP thread any more.

Edit: I found the source of my problem: I was still on version 1.76, I somehow missed the upgrade from 1.76 to 1.76.1 and I jumped to the incorrect conclusion that it was related to 1.77 :oops:

To Thargoid, Svengali & everybody else whose time I waisted: my sincere apologies. (I never expected I would ever apologise to a thargoid :shock: )
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

El Viejo wrote:
I like the idea of the commodities market OXP - just tried it. While in flight, I presume F8 just displays the median prices, yes?
I noticed that launching, then immediately docking, changes the prices - yes?
The prices change every 5-15 game minutes or so, even when you're docked (although if the timer clicks when you're actually in the marketplace then the change doesn't happen - just to prevent any little bugs creeping in even though it is possible to change prices and quantities whilst the market is displayed).

And yes, when in-flight or indeed docked at any station which isn't the main one or one included in the roleset the F8 screen will display the median prices as normal, and when docked trading will occur as normal. It is quite easy to make the split trading happen at any station, but I didn't want to override the actions of other peoples OXP stations.
Cody

Post by Cody »

<nods at the TMA>
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

OK now also available is a v1.06 beta of WildShips for trunk.

Changes are that the Kiota's now have correct twin docks (visually no different, but NPCs will launch and dock from both sides except on the solar stations) and there are now various tanker craft which fly between the system main station and solar station (where both exist).

Downloads via the first post of this thread or via the wiki.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

And Planetfall 1.51 beta is up to 1.51a. Some new tweaks and a little graphical loveliness from Svengali (if you can find it ;) ).

Download link in the first post updated.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

And a new beta for Aquatics for trunk 1.77. Download link via the first post again.

Adds a revised model for the HQ station in G3, including some interesting new effects in collaboration with Svengali & Cim. Especially for those who are bored of the rings...;)

With thanks to Svengali and Cim for their inputs.
Cody

Post by Cody »

Thargoid wrote:
Especially for those who are bored of the rings...
A thoroughly entertaining book, was that!
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Version 2.30b of Aquatics now uploading, as today's commits highlighted a typo in the script. Plus a couple of other small things are fixed up.

Download via the first post link as normal.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

A new little OXP - the Tracker Cam (again for 1.77 only).

It's based on Cim's core script code (as quaternions tie my brain in knots too) but comes in the form of a pylon-mounted camera satellite plus ship-to-satellite communications rig (50cr each, from tech 3+). Works in a similar way to Cim's ones - deploy the satellite, activate the link (shift-N/n) and then select the ships custom view (v) to show the view.

Works within scanner range, and is a stationary viewpoint that always focuses on the player ship. The ship is flown in the normal fashion, but as you view it from outside it can take a bit of practice to do so.

Not really designed for general game-play, but should be good for ooTube clips.
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

Thargoid wrote:
A new little OXP - the Tracker Cam (again for 1.77 only).
It's based on Cim's core script code (as quaternions tie my brain in knots too) but comes in the form of a pylon-mounted camera satellite plus ship-to-satellite communications rig (50cr each, from tech 3+). Works in a similar way to Cim's ones - deploy the satellite, activate the link (shift-N/n) and then select the ships custom view (v) to show the view.
Works within scanner range, and is a stationary viewpoint that always focuses on the player ship. The ship is flown in the normal fashion, but as you view it from outside it can take a bit of practice to do so.
Not really designed for general game-play, but should be good for ooTube clips.
<Now wonders how hard it would be to get PIP in Oolite>
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

When you work it out, let me know :twisted:
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Some notes from a recent test-flight.. (Trunk 5503 - Linux)

Commodities Markets. BGS background sounds in the market only play once, instead of looping.

Cargo Spotter. Does not play nice with Military Targeting System. MTS no longer locks on to cargo in "Salvage" mode. Blue cargo markers still visible in space after cargo scooped.

Kiota Solar Station. After I destroyed the station (hey, somehow it had attained "Fugitive" status and a 71Cr bounty, so what else could I do? :twisted: ) the beacon showing its old location was still active.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Cargo Spotter. Does not play nice with Military Targeting System. MTS no longer locks on to cargo in "Salvage" mode.
MTS is full of bugs, including at least one frame callback which is never shut down.
Diziet Sma wrote:
Kiota Solar Station. After I destroyed the station (hey, somehow it had attained "Fugitive" status and a 71Cr bounty, so what else could I do? :twisted: ) the beacon showing its old location was still active.
Not Thargoid's fault. Happens with all stations. How can a piddly, little trade ship destroy a space station anyway, other than by ramming it? I'd call the vulnerability of the average station a bigger problem/bug/nonsense than the beacons being left behind.