Save Game GUI bug.

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Save Game GUI bug.

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Hi,

Came across this in trunk. Will try and see if it's present in maintenance as-well.

If the number of save games exceeds the size of the screen clicking on the "More -->" line with cursor/mouse takes you to the next page as it should. However highlighting the "More -->" line and pressing Return/Enter results in the Overwite save dialogue for the save game immediately above the "More -->" line. Similar issue for the "Back <--" line on the next page.
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: Save Game GUI bug.

Post by Eric Walch »

Capt. Murphy wrote:
If the number of save games exceeds the size of the screen clicking on the "More -->" line with cursor/mouse takes you to the next page as it should. However highlighting the "More -->" line and pressing Return/Enter results in the Overwite save dialogue for the save game immediately above the "More -->" line. Similar issue for the "Back <--" line on the next page.
Confirmed. That must be the same in maintenance and must have been so for many Oolites :)

For trunk I now wrote a fix that handles the return correctly on the first and last page. However, when there is a folder entry in the middle, it still behaves wrong. There are also a few other minor issues that I could change.
e.g. go to a file just above/below a folder entry. Press backspace until the name is empty. Than jump up/down to the folder entry. Now you can't open it with ctrl-return :wink:
Eric Walch

Re: Save Game GUI bug.

Post by Eric Walch »

Eric Walch wrote:
For trunk I now wrote a fix that handles the return correctly on the first and last page. However, when there is a folder entry in the middle, it still behaves wrong. There are also a few other minor issues that I could change.
I only committed the return key now acting on the more and back as people would expect to trunk. For the folders in the middle its not so clear what is better logic, so keep known behaviour there.

I must admit that I hate those load/save dialogs. The mac uses them only in full screen mode. Even when i play in full-sctreen mode, I always switch to windowed mode on loading/saving to get macs own file dialog windows. :roll: