MandoTech Industries, Inc.

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: MandoTech Industries, Inc.

Post by Smivs »

Mandoman... :( That's seriously sad news.

Starting again - actually really good. As you know I recently started a 'new' Commander and it's been the best thing I could have done. As SandJ says, even things like the ASC are worth there weight in Gold, and the whole game is so much more challenging (and hence rewarding) at this level.
My 'new' Commander also has no OXPs in his Ooniverse except for eye-candy. The experience is not diminished in any way for this.
I hope you enjoy your fresh start as much as I have.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

mandoman wrote:
Oh, they'll be back, and I WILL release them this time, instead of sitting on them like a hen.
Oh good. I am looking forward to downloading the Poodle Blimp With Flashers.

I just *know* that advertising in low orbit will happen in my life-time - it will be incredibly cost-effective. And launching then inflating a blimp up there that's many times bigger than the International Space Station is pretty low-risk and straightforward. Damn, I need to patent that idea...

Then said Oolite blimp just needs advertising panels from YAH then it's good to go, either slowly orbiting the planet or cruising the space lanes. :)
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

That's part of the game, though. The challenge, I mean. Right now it's a bit dicey, but I've already run my credit balance to above 10,000, so now I have an ECM, and Witchdrive Fuel Injectors, oh and Beam Lasers too. The Beam Lasers really are good units. :)
Mandotech Industries Wiki Page.

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/User:Mandoman
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

Smivs wrote:
Mandoman... :( That's seriously sad news.

Starting again - actually really good. As you know I recently started a 'new' Commander and it's been the best thing I could have done. As SandJ says, even things like the ASC are worth there weight in Gold, and the whole game is so much more challenging (and hence rewarding) at this level.
My 'new' Commander also has no OXPs in his Ooniverse except for eye-candy. The experience is not diminished in any way for this.
I hope you enjoy your fresh start as much as I have.
I'm finding it the same way. I have been adding oxps, though. That's interesting, and I didn't think of it, to try it with no oxps installed. I'll have to give it a try. :)

Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

Smivs wrote:
When I hopefully manage to acquire a new computer, and can start up playing Oolite again, I also plan to start a new commander. Only I intend to have all of the oxps that I use in right from the start. I originally started off the game without any, and gradually added them in like a sensible person. But I want to see how difficult it is to survive in my Ooniverse as a new commander with all the advanced and dangerous ships about!
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

Mauiby de Fug wrote:
When I hopefully manage to acquire a new computer, and can start up playing Oolite again, I also plan to start a new commander. Only I intend to have all of the oxps that I use in right from the start. I originally started off the game without any, and gradually added them in like a sensible person. But I want to see how difficult it is to survive in my Ooniverse as a new commander with all the advanced and dangerous ships about!
LOL!! That's what I did this time. Get ready for a dangerous ride, because the Pirate/Offenders are as thick as flys. I made it from Lave to Diso safely by firing off all my missiles at a pirate that didn't seem to have ECM, and then ran like a rabbit. It went downhill from there, for a while, but I'm slowly getting up on my feet. As soon as I could afford ECM, things started to look, if not better, at least not so dark. When I got to where I could buy a Witch Drive Fuel Injector, things started looking waaay better. I'm saving my money for better lasers, and a NovaBat now. :D

mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

Um, how does one put ones ship oxp onto the Ship List, and make it link to the downloader for the oxp?

Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Well you need a wiki account first - maik is your man. Alternatively maik in his role of wiki wizard may add the entries for you if you ask nicely.

From the front page of the wiki.
Important note - Due to the increasing number of spam accounts, new account creation has been disabled. If you want an account, please send a PM via the Oolite Bulletin Board to 'maik'.
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

Capt. Murphy wrote:
Well you need a wiki account first - maik is your man. Alternatively maik in his role of wiki wizard may add the entries for you if you ask nicely.

From the front page of the wiki.
Important note - Due to the increasing number of spam accounts, new account creation has been disabled. If you want an account, please send a PM via the Oolite Bulletin Board to 'maik'.
SHEESH!!! Okay, I'm blind. I was at that page, and didn't even see that. You seem to have all the answers. Capt. Murphy. :D

Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

mandoman wrote:
You seem to have all the answers. Capt. Murphy. :D
:) Not quite - but I'm reasonably good at finding (some of) them. :wink:
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

Yeah, I seem to have a blind spot in that area. :(

mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

closed
Last edited by mandoman on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

mandoman wrote:
Yeah, I seem to have a blind spot in that area. :(
But you can put (more than a few) nice ships together.... :) You'll notice a conspicuous lack of artistic talents in everything I've released (If you find any it belongs to someone else.... :lol: )

Shame about the lost models, but nice one for jumping straight back in the saddle, and a second time round they may come out even better.
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

Capt. Murphy wrote:
But you can put (more than a few) nice ships together.... :) You'll notice a conspicuous lack of artistic talents in everything I've released (If you find any it belongs to someone else.... :lol: )

Shame about the lost models, but nice one for jumping straight back in the saddle, and a second time round they may come out even better.
Given the choice between artistic flare, and computer programing talent, I would choose the computer every time. I love computers. I just wish I could understand the script behind it all. Oh well, can't have everything.

JD
Deadly
Deadly

Post by JD »

Hi Mandoman. I'd always considered the blimp to be a bit out of place in a space-faring game, but I think SandJ's suggestion is an excellent one. Putting one of these into a planet's high atmosphere, with advertising billboard attached, would look great. And if we assume they use hydrogen rather than helium, for maximum buoyancy, you could maybe produce a real firework event if one got shot down.

Good luck rebuilding the rest of your work.