Ionics Mission - Possible spoiler!!

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ArkanoiD »

Galileo wrote:
the alberts wrote:
Okay I've deleted the lines as suggested, but now nothing is triggered when I arrive at Ramaza/Zaria.
Ah, that would be because I'm an idiot :lol: What I should have said was: delete the following lines from your savefile and all trace of the mission will be removed from your game. Then when you dock at Zaria again the mission will start from the beginning. I'm pretty certain that it didn't work the first time because you were asked another question before you got to Zaria which reset the Ionics question. I'll fix that for the next release (it would be a fairly rare circumstance though).

Code: Select all

<key>ionics_v_rlf</key> 
 <string>Pick-up package from Zaria.</string> 
 <key>mission_ionics</key> 
 <string>STAGE1</string> 
 <key>mission_ionics_ramaza_status</key> 
 <string>RLF_1</string> 
Can Thargoid Wars affect Ionics mission? Looks like i have some messages overrided by Thargoid alerts.
Cmdr. Wombat
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Cmdr. Wombat »

ArkanoiD wrote:
Can Thargoid Wars affect Ionics mission? Looks like i have some messages overrided by Thargoid alerts.
It shouldn't, especially now there's a delay before the alert. Any messages from the Ionics mission should have time to be displayed before the alert...
It is generally inadvisable to eject over the target you just bombed.
ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ArkanoiD »

Cmdr. Wombat wrote:
ArkanoiD wrote:
It shouldn't, especially now there's a delay before the alert. Any messages from the Ionics mission should have time to be displayed before the alert...
Delay does not always work and is too short sometimes..
Cmdr. Wombat
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Cmdr. Wombat »

ArkanoiD wrote:
Delay does not always work and is too short sometimes..
As I noted somewhere, I'm generally not seeing these issues on my machine. The delay on my machine is ~20seconds... It is possible to have no or a very short delay if you dock somewhere where the delay timer is tripped, but leave before the alert. Then the next time you dock the alert can appear immediately.

I am completely flummoxed as to why you're getting so many alerts...
It is generally inadvisable to eject over the target you just bombed.
ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ArkanoiD »

BTW it would be nice if i could choose my attitude during the Ionics mission. Say, i could decide to stay loyal to Ramazan goverment, then my mission could be to seek and destroy the Link base and so on..

..is Ionics transport a hardened version of Armoured Transport?