Retexture pack Reorganisation?

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia (mainly industrial, feudal, TL12)

Re: Retexture pack Reorganisation?

Post by maik »

Sounds clear enough to me. Go ahead!
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Done - I've tweaked the text a little from what I originally proposed.

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Instal ... xture_OXPs

I hope peeps don't mind but I've also added a one liner with a link at an appropriate spot to Griff's, Smiv's, Neolite, Deepspace, and Shady Sung's wiki pages.
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

I've made a shipdata.plist for Griff's that replaces the core models entirely with Griff's models and done a few experiments, namely saving a commander with the core Cobra, and then putting in the Neolite replace, and then the Griff replace. The save game pilot was correctly flying the version from the replace shipset in each case with no apparent issues.

Also tested Black Monks and specifically spawned some debtors ships, and the results are a bit mangled as WildeBlood pointed out with both Griff and Neolite as replacement shipsets, as the core game model and basic texture is used, along with the subents and plume placement from the Griff/Neolite version. It's not game destroying though and very easily fixed by removing unnecessary entries from the Black Monks shipdata.plist entries as WildeBlood has suggested.

Is this debtor an aspirational core cobby or griff cobby in disguise? Maybe needs another loan to finish the make-over... :wink:

Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia (mainly industrial, feudal, TL12)

Post by maik »

Good job Capt. Murphy! It really was time someone cleaned this up, it makes it much more logical for beginners.

Also for future developers it would be good if you added information about your system with replacement and add-on ships either to the [wiki]OXP howto[/wiki] or [wiki]OXP Distribution[/wiki] pages.
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Capt. Murphy wrote:
Also tested Black Monks and specifically spawned some debtors ships, and the results are a bit mangled as WildeBlood pointed out with both Griff and Neolite as replacement shipsets, as the core game model and basic texture is used, along with the subents and plume placement from the Griff/Neolite version.
Try the neolite Boas; they have their own escape pod/shuttle sub-entities. :wink:
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

maik wrote:
Good job Capt. Murphy! It really was time someone cleaned this up, it makes it much more logical for beginners.

Also for future developers it would be good if you added information about your system with replacement and add-on ships either to the [wiki]OXP howto[/wiki] or [wiki]OXP Distribution[/wiki] pages.
Will do.
Wildeblood wrote:
Capt. Murphy wrote:
Also tested Black Monks and specifically spawned some debtors ships, and the results are a bit mangled as WildeBlood pointed out with both Griff and Neolite as replacement shipsets, as the core game model and basic texture is used, along with the subents and plume placement from the Griff/Neolite version.
Try the neolite Boas; they have their own escape pod/shuttle sub-entities. :wink:
Looks like LittleBear is still a regular visitor to the boards so I've sent him a PM to see if he'll update Black Monks to avoid the issue.
snork
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by snork »

I may be among the first to have profited from Cpt.Murphy's work on the Neolites - independently of this thread I had been looking for a ship replacement that has the ships better visible from a distance (unshadered).
As I am currently flying a Sung-Python, I used the "add" -Version of Neolites, and it works out quite nicely. Next ship I will pick fro the Neolites and subsequently rid the Sung ones.

Just so you know this work is used and appreciated.
------------------------

But the organisation of the oxp (Neolite) I find it to be not the best possible - I did not try it out if it works if I put A + B + Config as 3 seperate oxps into my Addons folder, or rather as 3 separate oxps in a Neolite.oxp-subfolder - this clutters things up too much for my taste.

It is rather easy to make one oxp of the 3 single downloads, but the instructions for that are missing (or at least were missing beginning of this week or whenever I downloaded it all) : roughly : unpack d/l A, copy the textures from B into the textures folder of A.oxp, copy the config folder into folder A.oxp .Works fine.
so maybe the A d/l should contain a Neolite_1.1.oxp folder instead of Neolite_Core_Resources_A_1.1.oxp folder ?

Well whatever ..

Wildeblood wrote:
Capt. Murphy wrote:
Ah, ok, I wondered what that Skiff was supposed to be.
Going through the ship- and yard- -data files (to adjust price etc.) I was wondering what for a player-sth. would have density values and such.
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

snork wrote:
But the organisation of the oxp (Neolite) I find it to be not the best possible - I did not try it out if it works if I put A + B + Config as 3 seperate oxps into my Addons folder, or rather as 3 separate oxps in a Neolite.oxp-subfolder - this clutters things up too much for my taste.

It is rather easy to make one oxp of the 3 single downloads, but the instructions for that are missing (or at least were missing beginning of this week or whenever I downloaded it all) : roughly : unpack d/l A, copy the textures from B into the textures folder of A.oxp, copy the config folder into folder A.oxp .Works fine.
so maybe the A d/l should contain a Neolite_1.1.oxp folder instead of Neolite_Core_Resources_A_1.1.oxp folder ?

Well whatever ..
Thanks for the feedback snork.

The intention is to have separate OXPs, although ideally it would be a single Neolite_Core_Resources.oxp and then a choice of the Neolite_Core_Replace.oxp or Neolite_Core_Addition.oxp. If you just drop them into the AddOns folder as separate OXPs it works fine, hence the lack of complex and potentially noob scaring instructions for making it into a single oxp.

The only reason Neolite_Core_Resources is split is because of file size restrictions on the box. But again it works just fine if all 3 are in the AddOns folder as seperate OXPs. I'll make that a bit clearer on the instructions on the wiki.
Last edited by Capt. Murphy on Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

maik wrote:
Done.... :)

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/OXP_Di ... model_OXPs