Missing (non-functional?) energy bank

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Missing (non-functional?) energy bank

Post by ArkanoiD »

Got a used Cobra mkIII and.. there are only 3 energy units available! Is there a way to repair the 4th?
Cmdr. Luke
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Cmdr. Luke »

The Cobra Mark 3 HUD only displays 3 energy banks, even if you have installed the extra energy unit or Navel energy unit. However if you do have either of them installed, the extra energy will be divided over the existing energy banks, making them drain slower than usual.
Mac > Windows
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Post by aegidian »

No, no, no. This is a common misunderstanding.

The Extra energy unit (and the Naval energy unit) do not add to your energy total (reflected in the number of energy banks), instead they improve the rate at which these recharge.
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."

Oolite models and gear? click here!
ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ArkanoiD »

Cmdr. Luke wrote:
The Cobra Mark 3 HUD only displays 3 energy banks, even if you have installed the extra energy unit or Navel energy unit. However if you do have either of them installed, the extra energy will be divided over the existing energy banks, making them drain slower than usual.
Hmm, can't remember how many of them did i have on my first Cobra in the beginning of the game, but there is a new one for sale and it has 4 energy banks, and wiki says MkIII has 4 energy banks as well.
ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ArkanoiD »

aegidian wrote:
No, no, no. This is a common misunderstanding.

The Extra energy unit (and the Naval energy unit) do not add to your energy total (reflected in the number of energy banks), instead they improve the rate at which these recharge.
BTW exactly how much does NEU affect shield recharge rate? I've noticed my ship became very hard to destroy, but almost similarry easy to damage after i installed NEU :-(
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

The rusty “used” versions of ships are inferior to the “new” (or well-maintained) ones.
ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ArkanoiD »

Ahruman wrote:
The rusty “used” versions of ships are inferior to the “new” (or well-maintained) ones.
..and cannot be "repaired"?
Evil Juice
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Evil Juice »

i'm very interested in the "navel" energy unit, does it go well with lowrise jeans?
Target lost
Murgh
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Murgh »

ArkanoiD wrote:
it's not quite like that, but (assuming you're talking about a rusty from the mPak) some of those ships could be starting with a max energy value at a slightly lower number than a spanking new ship, although nothing as drastic as 'one less energy bar', as these bars are interpretations of the actual max_energy number.

rusty ships can never be fixed back up to factory fresh levels, but to their own starting maximums, yes..
The man next to you is your lunch
ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ArkanoiD »

Murgh wrote:
ArkanoiD wrote:
it's not quite like that, but (assuming you're talking about a rusty from the mPak) some of those ships could be starting with a max energy value at a slightly lower number than a spanking new ship, although nothing as drastic as 'one less energy bar', as these bars are interpretations of the actual max_energy number.

rusty ships can never be fixed back up to factory fresh levels, but to their own starting maximums, yes..
Almost all rusty Cobras have 3 bars instead of 4.
Murgh
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Murgh »

thasswhatI'msayin..
a fresh Cobra3 has a max_energy of 256, which is interpreted as 4 bars exactly, because each bar represents a value of 64, and even if the max_energy is decreased by only 1, (or 10 as in the case of the rusty mPak Cobra3), it would show 3 bars..
The man next to you is your lunch