Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Oolite Combateers Rendezvous....

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: Oolite Combateers Rendezvous....

Post by Thargoid »

Capt. Murphy wrote:
Mmm, I think the bottom row is correct. A quick clue from a previous meet photo and I'm going with.....

Top row: another_commander (most definitely a Greek), ClymAngus, Ramirez, Drew, Aegidian, Gimi (looks kind of Scandinavian), which leaves the hairy chap on the end as Thargoid......

I used to volunteer as a fund raiser for a conservation charity in a Greek holiday resort and had endless fun playing guess the Nationality of folks passing by our little kiosk.
Give the smurf a prize, spot on. I am indeed the hirsute drummer on the right.
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

Capt. Murphy wrote:
Mmm, I think the bottom row is correct. A quick clue from a previous meet photo and I'm going with.....

Top row: another_commander (most definitely a Greek), ClymAngus, Ramirez, Drew, Aegidian, Gimi (looks kind of Scandinavian), which leaves the hairy chap on the end as Thargoid......

I used to volunteer as a fund raiser for a conservation charity in a Greek holiday resort and had endless fun playing guess the Nationality of folks passing by our little kiosk.
Well done. "Looks kind of Scandinavian"??? I choose to take that as a compliment, and if it wasn't meant as one don't tell.
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

I seriously looked at the price of flying or taking a TGV to London from Rotterdam but it was a bit too expensive for me at :(. Maybe next time.
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

pagroove wrote:
I seriously looked at the price of flying or taking a TGV to London from Rotterdam but it was a bit too expensive for me at :(. Maybe next time.
Now that's dedication to the cause! 8)
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

Who risked Offender status to smuggle in the packet of Mince Pies? :lol:
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Gimi wrote:
Capt. Murphy wrote:
Well done. "Looks kind of Scandinavian"??? I choose to take that as a compliment, and if it wasn't meant as one don't tell.
And so you should...... :wink: ......tall, fair haired, looks friendly and the kind of bloke you could trust. And I've never met a Norwegian who I didn't more or less instantly like on first impressions (not that I've met loads & loads). a_c has the studious air of the Greek intellectual, and going by looks could easily be my old (Greek) boss' younger brother.
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
Micha
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Micha »

Griff wrote:
Who risked Offender status to smuggle in the packet of Mince Pies? :lol:
Damn! The Galcop police has agents everywhere these days!!
The glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

aegidian wrote:
A good evening with all. Especially nice to meet a few of you that I'd not met before, and to pick up a copy of Finis and the splendid Galaxy One chart!

I'm just sorry I had to retire early, but I had a bad reaction to a tomato juice I drank and it left me feeling like my head was being cooked. Don't think I'll be up for the secondary meet-up tomorrow either, dammit.
I'm sorry to hear you went a little off color. I hope your feeling better now. Yup it was a lot of fun, glad everyone liked the chart! Looking forward to reading the book! Oh as a side note your avatar, keep your laser handy. did you design that yourself or did you grab it from some where. Now I've found a good printer I wouldn't mind getting a bit one done. :D
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Post by aegidian »

ClymAngus wrote:
I'm sorry to hear you went a little off color. I hope your feeling better now. Yup it was a lot of fun, glad everyone liked the chart! Looking forward to reading the book! Oh as a side note your avatar, keep your laser handy. did you design that yourself or did you grab it from some where. Now I've found a good printer I wouldn't mind getting a bit one done. :D
Thanks, better now, but definitely staying away from tomato juice in future.

I'm reasonably certain I've a resolution-free pdf of the avatar on my home machine. I'll try to find it for you. I did design it myself, although taking obvious inspiration from Paranoia and the 'KEEP CALM' meme.
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."

Oolite models and gear? click here!
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Post by aegidian »

"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."

Oolite models and gear? click here!
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Yes, very nice evening, only mildly marred by a cacophony of drunken screams! Shame some missed the game of buckaroo some of the assorted non-us miscreants played on one of their numbers...

I just need to add that the paralysis on one side of my holographic projector has now been repaired too, and I'll be pestering Clym for another copy of the map!
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Kaks wrote:
Yes, very nice evening, only mildly marred by a cacophony of drunken screams! Shame some missed the game of buckaroo some of the assorted non-us miscreants played on one of their numbers...

I just need to add that the paralysis on one side of my holographic projector has now been repaired too, and I'll be pestering Clym for another copy of the map!
I'll have to refill my paypal account I still owe A_C a chart, if you want another one, oh and I need to get myself one too. That makes 3 which brings the postage down some what. I'll see if I can work out a cost price.

Or I can publish the altered pdf and you can go to zip posters direct. Which ever way you want to play it. :)
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

No problem, the A_C one / my extra one are actually one and the same, we'll just have to figure out the logistics!
And yes, you definitely should give Clym a map, he definitely deserves it! :D
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)