Griff Cobra Mk1 problem: Adding decals... (Solved)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Griff Cobra Mk1 problem: Adding decals... (Solved)

Post by RyanHoots »

I opened the texture in GIMP, the way I did to make it blue, but this time added a decal, but whenever I change the texture to add the image of a Cobra, whether it's black, white, or blue, I get this:

How can I get rid of the black? I tried adding Smivs' grey texture, and got this:

Does this problem have something to do with transparency? My best theory is that there might be two textures on a Griff ship, a basic and a more detailed one. By adding a decal, I might be interfering in some way, hence the black in some places.
Last edited by RyanHoots on Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Re: Griff Cobra Mk1 problem: Adding decals...

Post by Svengali »

RyanHoots wrote:
Does this problem have something to do with transparency? My best theory is that there might be two textures on a Griff ship, a basic and a more detailed one. By adding a decal, I might be interfering in some way, hence the black in some places.[/color]
Nope. It's just the way the shader is working.

If it's one of Griffs shaders take a look in the shipdata. Some of his shaders are using uniform bindings to pass the color.
RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by RyanHoots »

Svengali wrote:
RyanHoots wrote:
Does this problem have something to do with transparency? My best theory is that there might be two textures on a Griff ship, a basic and a more detailed one. By adding a decal, I might be interfering in some way, hence the black in some places.
Nope. It's just the way the shader is working.

If it's one of Griffs shaders take a look in the shipdata. Some of his shaders are using uniform bindings to pass the color.
Shaders aren't supported on my machine, so I doubt that's the problem.
I've tried adding decals that are partly transparent, to no avail.
Staer9
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Staer9 »

you have to "colours > components > decompose" to RGBA, remove the A channel, then do "colours > components > compose" select RGB option. Then add the decals
RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by RyanHoots »

Staer9 wrote:
you have to "colours > components > decompose" to RGBA, remove the A channel, then do "colours > components > compose" select RGB option. Then add the decals
It works, thanks. :D