Split: Basic-debug.oxp and Oolite v1.75.3

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Split: Basic-debug.oxp and Oolite v1.75.3

Post by RyanHoots »

Thargoid wrote:
Normally P.credits = 20000000000 or whatever.

The joys of the JS debug console ;)
I have a question. How do I open the debug console on a Linux system? I would like to see what it can do. It might make testing OXPs a LOT easier...
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: Interplanetary "Finances"

Post by Thargoid »

You need to download the package from Berlios (ignore the .exe in there, that's the Windows version). If I remember correctly the files you want in there are the Python script in the source code folder in the zip file (it's been a while since I ran Oolite on Linux).
RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by RyanHoots »

Thargoid wrote:
You need to download the package from Berlios (ignore the .exe in there, that's the Windows version). If I remember correctly the files you want in there are the Python script in the source code folder in the zip file (it's been a while since I ran Oolite on Linux).
Thank you, I am working on it now. I will let you know when I get it (or if I need help).
RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by RyanHoots »

Not working. :x
I downloaded the zip, unzipped it, read the readme, unzipped something else, ran the script, started Oolite, and nothing different happened. Any ideas? I have python-twisted installed.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

One thing to check is that you have the basic-debug.oxp installed. It's (optionally) set up when you install the game, and you need it to communicate between the trunk code and the console. If that's what you're missing then you will need a copy of that as well. If it's missing you can get it here here from Ahruman's site (that's the 1.75.3 - compatible version, check the wiki for details).

If that doesn't work then stick a post into the linux area to ask - I'm an alien, not a penguin ;)
RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by RyanHoots »

Thargoid wrote:
...you need it to communicate between the trunk code and the console...
Well, there's the problem (maybe). I'm not using the trunk code, I'm using 1.75.3 from the distro-neutral tarball (the Ooniverse I built from source isn't the one I use). I guess I'm going to start importing my OXPs to my trunk build.
I'll report back later.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

By trunk code I mean the main game. But it may be that you are lacking the basic-debug OXP (I don't know if it's installed in the tarball or not - as I said I haven't done a Linux install lately as my kit choked on Ubuntu a version or three back).

Check that and if it's missing download the OXP from the link I quoted above and install it as normal. Then boot up the console followed by the game.
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Oddly given that Basic-debug.OXP has been distributed with 1.75.3 it doesn't actually work with the beta release. Works fine with 1.75.4 trunk.
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Hmm that sounds like something the dev's need to check into. The windows version of the OXP that comes with 1.75.3 beta works fine with it, but such a glitch under Linux could make it difficult for some people.

Can you provide more details of the set-up that's not working for them?
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Split: Basic-debug.oxp under Linux

Post by another_commander »

Split from the Planetary Finances discussion. We'll be looking into this.
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Thargoid wrote:
The windows version of the OXP that comes with 1.75.3 beta works fine with it, but such a glitch under Linux could make it difficult for some people.

Can you provide more details of the set-up that's not working for them?
Odd - I get this under windows XP with 1.75.3 and no connection is logged by the console.

[Image]
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Can you confirm what the requires.plist inside your Basic-debug.oxp says? Can you try an uninstall / reinstall of the game? Uninstalling should clear the Basic-debug.oxp and a fresh re-install should ensure the right version is in. I can confirm that it works fine here on my system.
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Just looked as you were posting....

requires.plist is 1.75.4 as a minimum - changed it to 1.75.3 and it works fine.

I'll download 1.75.3 again and reinstall to see what version is in the package currently.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

For reference, the 1.75.3 Windows I downloaded last Saturday also worked fine with the shipped OXP without any tweaking.

I don't have a 1.75.4 trunk set-up at the moment, and made sure I didn't move the debug OXP when I moved from 1.75.2 to .3 .
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Split: Basic-debug.oxp and Oolite v1.75.3

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Sorry it's my fault :oops: - the installer puts in the 1.75.3 version. I've remembered I originally installed both 1.75.3 and a new 1.75.4 trunk at the same time then wholesale copy/pasted the AddOns folder from the trunk installation to the 1.75.3 installation hence overwriting the 1.75.3 compatible Basic-debug.oxp.