Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

OT? Oolite simpit

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

flap wrote:
Also, in the view you've got with F1 to F4, is not possible to include top and down view ? It would quite usefull when you want to turn around something.
Hmm... dorsal and ventral lasers would be soooo good. Fly under something and strafe its ass off. Giles? Huh? Huh???

Also, for the record, here's my stick: http://europe.thrustmaster.com/eng/d_pr ... =T64&fam=6
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Evil Juice wrote:
Yeah, right, but for the sake of good production design i believe that in a simulated cockpit a forklift joystick would be not bad, i wonder if USB-overdrive would handle 'em.
Yes, if they use the USB HID Generic Desktop page. Possibly, if they use the USB HID Simulation Page. I saw on the CH page that USB is an optional feature, but it doesn’t seem to mention protocol.

My joystick is a Gravis Blackhawk ADB. With no OS X drivers. I started trying to reverse-engineer it at some point; at the time the kernel ADB interface seemed to be lacking the communication mode used by Gravis’s (publically available) MouseStick II driver for OS 7-9, which I was using as a basis. :-(

I’ve also got a Logitech Dual action game pad. The suspended HID branch of Oolite was motivated by this, but after using it with the SDL build of Oolite for a bit I went back to the mouse.