Game extremely dark on computer without shader support

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Game extremely dark on computer without shader support

Post by Switeck »

I can barely even see the jump path lines on the F6-F6 screen when I show jump routes.
NPC ships are nearly invisible/black except at point-blank range or if they're directly illuminated by the sun.

How can I improve this?
The monitor is already at 100% contrast and 100% brightness.

On Windows XP SP3 with ancient Geforce 2 GTS AGP video card which claims to support OpenGL v1.5.3
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Game extremely dark on computer without shader support

Post by another_commander »

You can try to ramp up the gamma setting on the video card drivers. I think that evenually it would be a good idea creating a gamma setting in-game, after next stable comes out.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Switeck wrote:
I can barely even see the jump path lines on the F6-F6 screen when I show jump routes.
NPC ships are nearly invisible/black except at point-blank range or if they're directly illuminated by the sun.

How can I improve this?
The monitor is already at 100% contrast and 100% brightness.

On Windows XP SP3 with ancient Geforce 2 GTS AGP video card which claims to support OpenGL v1.5.3
Wow - that is an old card! I'm not sure how good the last Nvidia driver was that supported that card but when I used to have one of those - you could set the card to do game specific settings including gamma - so it might be worth fiddling around with the GUI.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

i find Oolite a dark game, some of the screenshots on this work machine are virtually indistinguishable. when i play at home i've a preset in the Catalyst Centre that hoofs up the Gamma etc by about 15~20%. would like this kinda option in the F2 game option screen tho, a lot of other games have ingame options to set up these options, saves effing around everytime you toggle between the game and PShop etc.