CryEngine-3

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

CryEngine-3

Post by DaddyHoggy »

We've just been granted a Educational License for non-profit research...

If only we had a team of 3D modellers and coders!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V396uui ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJEL9Kip ... r_embedded
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: CryEngine-3

Post by ClymAngus »

holy ****. sketch up and maya? Bit of an odd paring? Still a good idea for harnessing the army of 3d modellers on the net.

Import google maps...... job done. :)

Import a griff python! Go Go Go!
ramon
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ramon »

Have you thought of the Unreal Development Kit? (www.udk.com). That way, us codies and modellers would be able to work with you a lot easier (udk is free to download for everyone now - cryengine has really tough license requirements).
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

ramon wrote:
Have you thought of the Unreal Development Kit? (http://www.udk.com). That way, us codies and modellers would be able to work with you a lot easier (udk is free to download for everyone now - cryengine has really tough license requirements).
From the CryMod Forum page:
...CryEngine 3 will also be made publicly available to the development of non-commercial projects to the community at large. To quote, “This will be a complete version of our engine, including C++ code access, our content exporters (including our LiveCreate real-time pipeline), shader code, game sample code from Crysis 2, script samples, new improved Flowgraph and a whole host of great asset examples, which will allow teams to build complete games from scratch for PC.”

Mr Yerli the President of Crytek goes on to detail, “we will be launching a free CryENGINE SDK. If you want to use it for fun, like all our previous MOD SDKs it will be completely free of charge..."
The MOD got stung by Unreal a few years ago - we developed an application called DIVE (Dismounted Infantry Virtual Environment) - in it, with Unreal's knowledge and permission - when the MOD wanted to use it in training (why else develop it?) Unreal went "lovely, that'll be $1.5Million please..." not a figure they brought up before. The DIVE project was immediately shelved and a year or so later we got Virtual BattleSpace instead from Bohemia Interactive.
Selezen wrote:
ramon
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ramon »

Great - it's a moot point if CryEngine 3 is going to be available to play around with FOC. CryEngine 3 looks better too!

I'd like to get involved with whatever it is you had in mind? Something to do with tanks I hope :)

EDIT: Yep, and by the looks of things I should have put CryEngine used to have strict licensing. (I should do my research properly before posting tut tut me)
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

ramon wrote:
Great - it's a moot point if CryEngine 3 is going to be available to play around with FOC. CryEngine 3 looks better too!

I'd like to get involved with whatever it is you had in mind? Something to do with tanks I hope :)

EDIT: Yep, and by the looks of things I should have put CryEngine used to have strict licensing. (I should do my research properly before posting tut tut me)
It's only just happened - the University spent six months jumping through hoops to get a Educational/Research license - which we got last month - and this week - they announce this!!! :roll:
Selezen wrote:
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

right, so this and the planetfall OXP = getting down onto planets and flying/fighting over realtime Cry3 terrain before docking at a Griffed base - should be easy enough, right?
ramon
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ramon »

I want to say 'easy as pie'...