Swelling log?

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Swelling log?

Post by Zireael »

My log (newest trunk, r4433, flushed cache) is 243 KB. I can't post it here because of the characters' limit... Is it normal with it recording loaded scripts? What's the average size of the log nowadays?
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Swelling log?

Post by Commander McLane »

You're using trunk, which has a lot of extra logging features enabled, and is only meant to be used by people who intend to go bug-hunting in the log. It's saying so explicitely on the tin.

The trunk by its very nature is not intended to be used to play the game, and no trunk ever was.

If you just want to play, and not extensively test the trunk, use the latest release (1.75).

And what is to complain about 243KB? My own current latest.log is 2.3MB (but I have another extra debugging feature enabled). :wink:
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Swelling log?

Post by another_commander »

Still, if you want to insist gameplaying on trunk and are aware what trunk really is, all you need to do to bring the log back down to standard size is open logcontrol.plist, and change the line close to the start (line 27 in my copy) from:

Code: Select all

$betaCrashIssue	= yes;					// For message classes temporarily activated in beta 1.75.1.
to

Code: Select all

$betaCrashIssue	= no;					// For message classes temporarily activated in beta 1.75.1.