[NEW-RELEASE] - ZGrOovy Griff System Stations AMENDED -

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] - ZGrOovy Griff System Stations -

Post by dertien »

I added a shipdata-overrides.plist to the oxp with the necessary values last night and everything works like a charm now. :D No more odd behaviour. The downloadable file at the moment works well, but in some Anarchy systems you could still see a Coriolis instead of an Octa. This has been rectified but not posted yet in a shipdata-overrides.plist which resides on my computer for now.

I can now look into the aspect of putting the stations in according to GDP as MacLane suggested, therefore I am not posting it yet.

Thank you Maclane for all your time and information yesterday that got me up on track to making that overrides list, and getting this oxp out in good order :) .
Alpha Backer of Elite Dangerous
With 250 GBP :D
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

This must be the most helpful BB this side of Rainza
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

TGHC wrote:
And definitely the most jellybabies this side of Uszaa :D
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

Smivs wrote:
TGHC wrote:
And definitely the most jellybabies this side of Uszaa :D
Jellybabies? Are we discussing Jellybabies. :)
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Can we add jellybabies to the commodities list on F8?
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Perhaps they come under 'Slaves', or 'Food'? 'Narcotics', even? :D
dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dertien »

You guys should let me in on that jellybabies private joke of yours, It's quite funny it keeps popping up but I feel like I am laughing with something I don't understand and that makes me feel .... well... stoopid ? :lol:

Since I played Elite with the good old C-64 ( I kept nagging my parents for an Amiga 500 at the time but they didn't budge) with a tape deck at the time, every time you got killed you had to rewind and press play on tape, I don't recall ever reading anything in the Elite manual about jellybabies. So please enlighten me here ... El Viejo ?
Commander Ragugaki
Competent
Competent

Post by Commander Ragugaki »

Commander McLane wrote:
Out of the five platonic solids we're now only missing the tetrahedron and the cube as station designs. But of course the cube is a little boring, and the tetrahedron quite small as a design. :)
Griff - You got the time and patience to come up with a tetrahedron? :idea:
"And... sweet Lord Giles on a gyro-spider, they didn't even fit you out with a docking computer!"
Have you tried docking at full speed lately?
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

OK I'll fess up, jellybabies are sweets for young children like Haribo stuff. Someone was designing some uber nasty equipment for a ship or mission and I made a flippant comment that he probably bit the heads off his jellybabbies when he was a kid, which sort of derailed the thread a bit. It's just a passing fad with the wits and wags on this board.

OK that's BS they are really the pre larva stage of Thargoids a bit like frogspawn.......
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

dertien wrote:
You guys should let me in on that jellybabies private joke of yours, It's quite funny it keeps popping up but I feel like I am laughing with something I don't understand and that makes me feel .... well... stoopid ? :lol:

Since I played Elite with the good old C-64 ( I kept nagging my parents for an Amiga 500 at the time but they didn't budge) with a tape deck at the time, every time you got killed you had to rewind and press play on tape, I don't recall ever reading anything in the Elite manual about jellybabies. So please enlighten me here ... El Viejo ?
This is were it all started. Read on from about 2/3 down. After that we finally identified them for what they are (Ref: TGHC post on Thargoids) :)

https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f= ... 2&start=60
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Hey dertien,
that (above) should tell you all you need to know. Very similar to the gummibears I think you get in some parts of the world.

A picture paints a thousand words....

dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dertien »

HAHAHAHA, funny that is, I suspected it was something like Haribo, which I used to eat masses off when I lived in Germany...

Haribo macht kinder froh, und erwachsenen ebenso ! (dunno if spelling is 100 percent accurate, my German is not rusty, but my German writing is) anyways. It loosely translates, "Haribo makes kids happy and adults too."

But now I understand the thread was liable to be hijacked by Jellybabies and I won't ask why :lol:

Biting off the head was indeed popular sport with the Gummibears, but I prefered the red ones and hated the greens.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Purple ones.....no other colour comes close :D
Makandal
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Makandal »

These are not jellybabies but bears. At least in France.

They are effectivelly the larva of thargoid. The processing method is quite simple.
When catching a robot thargoid ship, check the 3rd hatch (the one with a strange sign looking like an ankh). Open it using obviously your anti radiation and fluoride proof equipment. 1/6 of the robot are not really robot but contains a bowl of 10 to 20 000 thargoid larva.

You will then need to proceed extremely fast. Drop these larva in liquid nitrogen. Leave them for 30 min. Then drop in liquid oxygen. Leave for another one hour.
You can then boil them in a fructose syrup for 3 hours. The thargobenzonin-bromomethyl 5 will be replaced by fructose. The rest have been washed away or destroyed by the nitrogen and oxygen bath.
Colours might amazed you but remember that thargoid have an odd sense of colour. Colour seems to represent the family tree of a thargoid.
By adding licorice in the syrup, you get licorice jellybears.
Some similar process can be done on adult thargoid. Thargoid digestive system, thargoid pseudo, first and secondary (remote) penis, thargoid "nervous" system can be processed for the joy of the smaller and the elder.
I particulary appreciate eating the female.

For your information, the haribo strawberries are made using a totally different process and used some part of edible female poet. But this is a completly different story I could explain later on to an adult and responsible group of auditors.

NB: I am at work, coming back from a very official meeting in a thai restaurant and I did not drink nor smoke some forbidden substances. All these above are serious facts that can be checked.
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

I never thought I'd have to do this:

This whole jellybabies business is getting rather silly!
Stop it.