Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Hooked again......an introduction and an OXP question.

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Fatleaf
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Re: Hooked again......an introduction and an OXP question.

Post by Fatleaf »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
Zieman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zieman »

Flowers.

<DIDN'T YOU MEAN TO ASK ABOUT FLOWERS?>

I - want - to - know - about - flowers.
...and keep it under lightspeed!

Friendliest Meteor Police that side of Riedquat

[EliteWiki] Far Arm ships
[EliteWiki] Z-ships
[EliteWiki] Baakili Far Trader
[EliteWiki] Tin of SPAM
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Capt. Murphy wrote:
System Demux seems to work fine with 1.75, but I'll give Redux a go with the edits provided by Commander McLane, along with Famous Planets and Your Ad Here......
Personally I like the texture of System Demux more than that of Redux. System Demux has one drawback: its adds the moons at fixed distances from the planet. Fot large planets that means that the orbits are sometimes low, even closer to the planet than the station! Redux and deep Horizon use distances based on the planet size. With big planets, the moons are further away.

However, the procedural textures that Oolite itself creates are currently so good, that I modified System Demux to not texture the main planet at all :!: I just use it for the additional planets/moons.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Eric Walch wrote:
Redux and deep Horizon use distances based on the planet size. With big planets, the moons are further away.
Sometimes SR puts a moon too close to the main planet.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
CaptKev
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CaptKev »

RE: System Redux

Sorry I wasn't around to answer this, the current Script.js should contain this code

Code: Select all

if (0 < oolite.compareVersion("1.74"))
		system.mainPlanet.setTexture('home_planet' + (((this.sys_info & 0x3F000) >> 12) + 1) + '.png');
	else
		system.mainPlanet.texture = 'home_planet' + (((this.sys_info & 0x3F000) >> 12) + 1) + '.png';
I am just not sure if I told anybody! :oops:
Download Fighter HUD, Stingray and System Redux from the EliteWiki
Makandal
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Makandal »

I use DH but found there is a conflict with Feudal System oxp and Planetfall. When you land on planet of Feudal, you can be asked to deliver some stuff to another "royal court". However, DH is creating gas giants and one cannot land there. So, I cannot complete the quest.
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Cmd Cheyd is aware of this problem and was going to review his OXP in light of it. PF presumes that the main planet will always be a landable planet, but DH changes that.

I could work around it by making the main planet always landable even if it is a gas giant, but that kinda doesn't make sense. But then for me having the main planet as a gas giant and the system station around it also doesn't make canonical sense, given the station is supposed to be the gateway to the main habitation in the system...
Cmd. Cheyd
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Deep Horizon Industries Manufacturing & Research Site somewhere in G8...

Post by Cmd. Cheyd »

I'm nearing finished on a complete re-write of DH_Systems. It will offer a solution to this issue from a couple different directions. But thank you none-the-less for bringing it to my attention.
Makandal
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Makandal »

I think one very simple solution will be to allow the gas giant option for secondary planets only but not for the primary. For example, a multigovernment cannot exist in an orbital station, this is not too realistic. Democracy/Feudal/Dictatorship/Corporate etc..., yes. The other possibility is to affect one of the moon as the governement center.
The only problem with these 2 options is that the number of moon or secondary planet can be equal to zero.
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Makandal wrote:
The only problem with these 2 options is that the number of moon or secondary planet can be equal to zero.
I don't see that as a problem, because you don't need a gas giant in every system. Coming across one every once in a while is equally nice.

Personally I use System Redux (v 1.2). What I always particularly liked about it is its easy configurability. :D I had to change only two numbers in order to get my favourite setup of 0 secondary planets, and at most 1 moon.

This, and it doesn't contain gas giants. I always want to be sure that the main planet can never be a gs giant.
Getafix
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: A small ice asteroid, orbiting Oresrati in Galaxy 8 (a.k.a. northwest Armorica).

Post by Getafix »

Welcome "back" Capt. Murphy.
Capt. Murphy wrote:
...and are swiftly approaching middle-age like me...
I wonder how did you come up with that idea?!?
If I take my wife's word for it, it's time for me to grow up and stop ooliting. :)
"Any sufficiently advanced information is indistinguishable from noise." [Newman, Lachmann, Moore]
Makandal
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Makandal »

My daughter of 13 told me the same...

I reached an age where silver strings (real men don't have white haire but silver) are peppering my ebony hair.
I reached an age where children in the street in Accra called me papa
I reached an age at whatever technical papers you write, the jury will call it "Remarkable !" and "A breakthrough" (Example "Oil exploration software and computer games: convergences and what lessons could we learn?"... Seriously, is it truly remarkable ???)

Elite is still a way to immerse myself, better than most of the so-called hit of the last years.