Oolite 1.75 assassins missions problem

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Staer9
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Oolite 1.75 assassins missions problem

Post by Staer9 »

I installed 1.75 and it works great, really smooth... but as soon as I try and do one of the assassins missions the extra planets are there, but no special ships of the other stations... what can I do to fix this?
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Oolite 1.75 assassins missions problem

Post by Commander McLane »

Hi, Staer9, and first of all welcome to the boards, and of course to this great game! :D

Can you be a little more specific about your problem?

In order to trigger the missions of Assassins.oxp, first you have to be in Galaxy 7. You also have to have a certain reputation. You need to have killed at least 200 ships before you will be deemed worthy of joining the Assassins Guild.

If these two conditions apply to you, simply fly around a little in Galaxy 7. Don't forget to always dock at the main station. Sooner or later you will be approached and get the offer to join the Assassins Guild. Then you have to do what you are told to do.

But first you have to wait until someone approaches you and tells you what to do.
Staer9
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Staer9 »

I have been doing the missions for a while and now have to help the quandixe mafia. When I fly to quandixe the extra moon is there but not the station or extra police ships or the anacondas. they were there every other time but since upgrading to version 1.75 they have dissapeared. my other expansion packs still work. and I am also rated deadly with 2700 or something kills...
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Please make another trip to Quandixe, and then post the content of latest.log. It should show us what exactly is going wrong.
Staer9
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Staer9 »

After a while I fixed the problem. for some reason I had been using version 1.3 of assassins instead of 1.3.1, and I have no idea why it had been working on Oolite 1.74.2 when it isn't meant to. I found this out when I decided to revert to 1.74.2 and it STILL wasn't working. then I checked on-line and there was a 'less than' bug fix available, so I downloaded it and it works perfectly. In fact it works even smoother with the new Oolite release than it had been working previously.