can't seem to use any oxps

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Uncle Reno wrote:
Hi orangetree, just to double check, is it the oxp file you are moving (e.g. shady_blackmonks.oxp), or a folder, for example, the shady blackmonks folder?
Orangetree writes .oxp at the end. On a mac, all oxps should appear with an icon of its own with oxp written on it, so on the mac there is seldom confusion about what is the oxp itself. On the max you can't even look inside the oxp folder unless you use the contextual menu to open it.
Uncle Reno
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Uncle Reno »

orangetree wrote:
it's the .oxp file.
OK, that's my vague idea gone then...sorry.
"Get back or I unleash my lethal spotted batoid!!"

What I do when not reading the Oolite bulletin board!
orangetree
Average
Average

Post by orangetree »

well done everyone, i moved both the add on and the oolite app into a new folder in the library and look! thanks

[log.header]: Opening log for Oolite version 1.74.2 (x86-64 test release) under Mac OS X Version 10.6.4 (Build 10F569) at 2010-10-23 21:36:48 +0100.
Machine type: MacBookPro5,5, 2048 MiB memory, 2 x x86 (Penryn) @ 2260 MHz.
Oolite options: procedural planet textures, docking clearance, wormhole scanner, target incoming missiles, spoken messages, JavaScript console support, Debug plug-in support, OXP verifier, localization tools, debug GraphViz support.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

[dataCache.rebuild.explicitFlush]: Cache explicitly flushed with shift key. Rebuilding from scratch.
[searchPaths.dumpAll]: Unrestricted Mode - Resources paths:
/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Office/Office First Run/Library/oolite/Oolite.app/Contents/Resources
/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Office/Office First Run/Library/oolite/AddOns
/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Office/Office First Run/Library/oolite/AddOns/Armoury 1.03.oxp
/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Office/Office First Run/Library/oolite/AddOns/Famous_Planets_v2.5.oxp
/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Office/Office First Run/Library/oolite/AddOns/griff_shipset_dizzy's_all_in_1.oxp
/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Office/Office First Run/Library/oolite/AddOns/HyperCargo 1.02.oxp
/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Office/Office First Run/Library/oolite/AddOns/Shady_blackmonks.oxp
/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Office/Office First Run/Library/oolite/AddOns/YOUR_AD_HERE.oxp
/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Office/Office First Run/Library/oolite/AddOns/YOUR_AD_HERE_set_A.oxp
/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Office/Office First Run/Library/oolite/AddOns/YOUR_AD_HERE_set_B.oxp
/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Office/Office First Run/Library/oolite/AddOns/YOUR_AD_HERE_set_C.oxp
/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Office/Office First Run/Library/oolite/AddOns/YOUR_AD_HERE_set_D.oxp
/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Office/Office First Run/Library/oolite/AddOns/YOUR_AD_HERE_set_E.oxp
/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Office/Office First Run/Library/oolite/AddOns/YOUR_AD_HERE_set_F.oxp
[rendering.opengl.version]: OpenGL renderer version: 2.1.0 ("2.1 NVIDIA-1.6.18")
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M OpenGL Engine
[rendering.opengl.extensions]: OpenGL extensions (122):
GL_EXT_transform_feedback, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3, GL_EXT_geometry_shader4, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_EXT_bindable_uniform, GL_ATI_separate_stencil, GL_EXT_texture_rectangle, GL_APPLE_specular_vector, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_imaging, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex, GL_EXT_texture_array, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_APPLE_pixel_buffer, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_APPLE_fence, GL_APPLE_ycbcr_422, GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_NV_vertex_program2_option, GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_APPLE_object_purgeab
Uncle Reno
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Uncle Reno »

Eric Walch wrote:
Uncle Reno wrote:
Hi orangetree, just to double check, is it the oxp file you are moving (e.g. shady_blackmonks.oxp), or a folder, for example, the shady blackmonks folder?
Orangetree writes .oxp at the end. On a mac, all oxps should appear with an icon of its own with oxp written on it, so on the mac there is seldom confusion about what is the oxp itself. On the max you can't even look inside the oxp folder unless you use the contextual menu to open it.
Yeah, I know, but as it wasn't 100% clear that orangetree was doing that (at least to me) I thought I'd ask the question just in case - anyway the folder I'm referring to is the one holding both the OXP and the readme file that you get when you download Shady Black Monks, rather than the OXP folder itself.
"Get back or I unleash my lethal spotted batoid!!"

What I do when not reading the Oolite bulletin board!
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

orangetree wrote:
well done everyone, i moved both the add on and the oolite app into a new folder in the library and look! thanks

Code: Select all

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Office/Office First Run/Library/oolite/Oolite.app/Contents/Resources
    /Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Office/Office First Run/Library/oolite/AddOns
    /Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Office/Office First Run/Library/oolite/AddOns/Armoury 1.03.oxp
    /Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Office/Office First Run/Library/oolite/AddOns/Famous_Planets_v2.5.oxp
    /Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Office/Office First Run/Library/oolite/AddOns/griff_shipset_dizzy's_all_in_1.oxp
But now its only working because the AddOns folder is at the same directory level as Oolite itself. Its not the library Oolite is looking for, so in this case putting it in

/Applications/oolite/Oolite.app/Contents/Resources
    /Applications/oolite/AddOns
    /Applications/oolite/AddOns/Armoury 1.03.oxp
    /Applications/oolite/AddOns/Famous_Planets_v2.5.oxp
Should also work
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Hm.

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Office/Office First Run/
seems a very strange place for installing either Oolite or OXPs. I would suggest you move your main Oolite folder into some place outside Microsoft Office.

Note that there are many Libraries on your Macintosh HD. Maybe you have just accidentally ended up in the wrong one?