Ghost 'flame' trails on launching.

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Yodeebe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Ghost 'flame' trails on launching.

Post by Yodeebe »

Hiya.
so minor, and harmless it's barely worth mentioning, but what's this?

it's like the flame/smoke trails from a ship coming in to land, that zoom towards, and right through you, when launching from a station.

the picture's not that great, as it's sometimes much bigger, but you get the idea.

On thinking about it, it could very well be some kind of reflection of my own trails, as you can see there's 3 of them, & the prototype griff-ship has 3 too. I'll go & check with another ship.
Yodeebe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Yodeebe »

Yup. here's the same thing when in an adder mk 2.
3 flumes in a row.

so, some kind of reflection from the outside of the stations boundry, when looking out, temporarily when launching, from the inside??
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

It most commonly happens if you launch, docking-computer insta-dock (shift-D) and then launch again. You end up seeing your own exhaust trails from your first launch.

I think it's been reported before, there are a few oddities relating to changing ships position (which such insta-docking basically is) and its effect on the trails. You get the same weirdness if the ship itself is moved (both my displacer missiles and Gates OXP also suffer from it).
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

It's all fixed in trunk & maintenance, as well as the blue flash when exiting witchspace, which depended on the same basic issue.

Trunk builds are still very much not recommended for actual game playing, but you can make sure that this one is fixe by trying out the latest trunk build.
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)