Log Errors in trunk

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

caracal
Deadly
Deadly

Post by caracal »

Ahruman wrote:
Incidentally, I’d like to take this opportunity to disagree with everyone above. Error reports regarding trunk are very welcome
Hey now! I'm the guy who said above, "as a developer who firmly believes in Linus' Law, I appreciate knowing when my code doesn't work", so we're not in total disagreement. :P

Thargoid makes some good points about aiming OXPs at a moving target, and Eric's comment about timing before/after releases is on point for this thread. I think the key is that what you want are reports of actual bugs, not known incompatibilities introduced by purposeful changes in the code. And by "reports", I don't mean "Waaah, my ship she no fly no more!" NorthenderPNE included actual log messages and a specific build version number; as bug reports go, that's not bad. And I think his heart is in the right place.

I think what we all want is for the game to get better, no? And it has done so steadily over the years, so you guys must be doing something right!
NorthenderPNE
Deadly
Deadly

Post by NorthenderPNE »

NorthenderPNE included actual log messages and a specific build version number; as bug reports go, that's not bad. And I think his heart is in the right place.
Bless you caracal. :wink: