Scooping Escape Pods only finds Slaves

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Taraman
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Scooping Escape Pods only finds Slaves

Post by Taraman »

Hi,

Since today, when I scoop up Escape pods, all I find is slaves, no more Persons.

Is this a known behavoiur, or maybe a bug?

Taraman
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

This is quite common, although strangely they do register as "1 ton of slaves" when you look at your manifest (the F 8 key) even though there's only one. They must be quite big!
They normally seem to be in 'un-powered' escape pods, whereas 'normal' people seem to escape in powered pods.
It's worth collecting escape pods because even the slaves have a value, and if you capture an offender you'll get a bounty, and if you rescue a civilian you'll get a nice insurance payout of up to 500 Credits.

Oh, and welcome to the Forum. It's always good to see a new member.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Micha
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Micha »

Smivs wrote:
This is quite common, although strangely they do register as "1 ton of slaves" when you look at your manifest (the F 8 key) even though there's only one. They must be quite big!
No, they also need all of their life-support equipment etc.
The glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: Scooping Escape Pods only finds Slaves

Post by Eric Walch »

Taraman wrote:
Hi,

Since today, when I scoop up Escape pods, all I find is slaves, no more Persons.

Is this a known behavoiur, or maybe a bug?

Taraman
Are you scooping the triangular pods or the more rounded pods from an other oxp. The latter contains a life support system that turns pilots into slaves. Therefor the pods are so cheap. The earning of the manufacturer does not come from selling the pods, but from selling the slaves.
Taraman
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by Taraman »

Eric Walch wrote:
Are you scooping the triangular pods or the more rounded pods from an other oxp. The latter contains a life support system that turns pilots into slaves. Therefor the pods are so cheap. The earning of the manufacturer does not come from selling the pods, but from selling the slaves.
Hi Eric,

I got these rounded ones. Seem to ve part of one of the Neolite OXPs. So I try to get rid of these, since I like rescuing people... 8)

Thank you.
Smivs wrote:
Oh, and welcome to the Forum. It's always good to see a new member.
Thanks, I'm playing Oolite for 3 Months now and I like it very much.
Great work!!! :lol:
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Taraman wrote:
I got these rounded ones. Seem to ve part of one of the Neolite OXPs. So I try to get rid of these, since I like rescuing people... 8)
Two ways to get rid of them: de-install Neolites, OR install the griff escape pods from this page. With the nice once of griff installed, most pilots will trade in their escape pods for those new shine ones, even if they look expensive :wink: