Personalities OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia (mainly industrial, feudal, TL12)

Personalities OXP

Post by maik »

I really like the idea behind this OXP, but the chance to meet one of the defined persons is way too high IMHO. There are a few dozen persons but hundreds of planets. Yet the chance to encounter someone is 60% IIRC. Doesn't feel right to me. Also, so far I have only encountered people from this OXP either at the witch point when I just entered the system or close to the station (again, IIRC) when I just exited from it.

Would it be possible to reduce the chance of meeting someone from this OXP significantly (maybe so that it matches the persons/system ratio) and also have encounters somewhere along the way between witch point and station? Maybe you could even see two of them in the same system and do whatever they prefer doing (like a pirate dueling it out with a bounty hunter :D)?

I have since deleted the OXP but would be more than happy to introduce it again. The potential to add to the game's atmosphere is quite high if done right!
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: Personalities OXP

Post by Eric Walch »

maik wrote:
I really like the idea behind this OXP, but the chance to meet one of the defined persons is way too high IMHO. There are a few dozen persons but hundreds of planets. Yet the chance to encounter someone is 60% IIRC. Doesn't feel right to me. Also, so far I have only encountered people from this OXP either at the witch point when I just entered the system or close to the station (again, IIRC) when I just exited from it.....
I agree. I strongly reduced the changes in my version and still think I have to much encounters.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

I agree as well. In the final version the encounters will become much less likely.

I also will adjust the ratio of encounters at the witchpoint/station to encounters mid-way. Some personalities are added in the middle of the lane already. But in my game I also seem to meet the ones at the witchpoint far more often than others. But this could of course be, because you can fly by a ship outside your scanner range without noticing it.
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

Are these personalities supposed to attack you on average?
Because I seem to die to them often.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Switeck wrote:
Are these personalities supposed to attack you on average?
Because I seem to die to them often.
Depends on who you are.

Most of them behave like bounty hunters. So they can attack you if you're offender or fugitive.

Some, however, behave like pirates. They can attack you no matter what. Simply don't stay around them for too long.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

And DaddyHoggy should only ever be encountered at Diso because he/I (!!) is in his custom build weaponless but faster replica Magma Racing Mamba and therefore can't jump to any other system - unless I accidentally fall into somebody else's Witchspace tunnel!
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here