Original Elite items for sale

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Uncle Reno
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Original Elite items for sale

Post by Uncle Reno »

Hi guys, long time no post. :wink: Hope you're all doing well and that the spam is under control.

After a clear out at home, I discovered that I still had a game manual, The Dark Wheel novella and a ship identification chart from my BBC version of Elite. Despite extensive searching I seem to have disposed of the game disks and box a long time ago :( but these other items are for sale, in one lot, on eBay.

Any questions on them, please let me know.
"Get back or I unleash my lethal spotted batoid!!"

What I do when not reading the Oolite bulletin board!
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

Before people start flaming uncle reno for posting 'commercial' stuff, he asked me first if it was okay, and I said it was.

So... If it isn't, blame me ;) :lol:
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Hi, Uncle Reno! It's so good to see you around again! :D

The clocktower hasn't fallen to sleep, but also isn't really busy these days. I'd say we have a reasonable amount of control over the spammers.

May we hope to have you back more continuously?

And—on an unrelated note—may I hope to interest you in this? :D
Uncle Reno
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Uncle Reno »

Hi Commander, thanks for the welcome back.

Good to hear that the spam levels are under control, I still get the flashbacks you know...

You might indeed see me around some more, the Real Life job situation has settled down and I now again have a computer that can handle Oolite (which probably shows how old my previous Mac was :) ), so I've downloaded it again and started from scratch - I've just purchased docking computers so as to keep the repair bills down!

And as for the Personalities oxp, I'll certainly have a think and see what I can come up with.

Do we have an odd jobs list? (Not a list of Oddjobs obviously, that would just be strange :wink:.) Not ever being of much use with coding or anything too technical, previously I tried to help keep the Wiki in order and wondered if there was a list of similar, fairly non-taxing and less exciting jobs to do?

Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Uncle Reno wrote:
previously I tried to help keep the Wiki in order and wondered if there was a list of similar, fairly non-taxing and less exciting jobs to do?
One thing that springs to mind immediatly is to create Wiki pages for OXPs that haven't got their own page yet.

The OXP-list has been split for now, and there is the idea of creating a central OXP repository, which still can use some hands (thread in Discussion, I think). But even giving each OXP its own page, thereby having them all on the expansion pack-category page would be a huge step towards better information about and availability of OXPs.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Commander McLane wrote:
Uncle Reno wrote:
previously I tried to help keep the Wiki in order and wondered if there was a list of similar, fairly non-taxing and less exciting jobs to do?
One thing that springs to mind immediatly is to create Wiki pages for OXPs that haven't got their own page yet.
Hey! That's my job! Gerroff!! :shock: :lol:

Hehe! Only joking, the more the merrier! :D
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Original Elite items for sale

Post by JazHaz »

Uncle Reno wrote:
After a clear out at home, I discovered that I still had a game manual, The Dark Wheel novella and a ship identification chart from my BBC version of Elite. Despite extensive searching I seem to have disposed of the game disks and box a long time ago :( but these other items are for sale, in one lot, on eBay.
Interested to see what they go for. No bids as yet.
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

JazHaz wrote:
No bids as yet.
Well... Don't get your hopes up too high...

For laughs I bid 99 cents on another offer for the novelette alone. Never thought I'd win it, of course.

But...

No-one else tried to bid. Add 1.80 for postage to Belgium, I got it for 2.79 GBP :shock: :shock:
Uncle Reno
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Uncle Reno »

Rxke wrote:
JazHaz wrote:
No bids as yet.

For laughs I bid 99 cents on another offer for the novelette alone. Never thought I'd win it, of course.

But...

No-one else tried to bid. Add 1.80 for postage to Belgium, I got it for 2.79 GBP :shock: :shock:
:) Don't worry, if I sell it for 0.99 GBP (+postage) I'll be more than happy.

Uncle Reno
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Uncle Reno »

Commander McLane wrote:
Uncle Reno wrote:

The OXP-list has been split for now, and there is the idea of creating a central OXP repository, which still can use some hands (thread in Discussion, I think). But even giving each OXP its own page, thereby having them all on the expansion pack-category page would be a huge step towards better information about and availability of OXPs.
OK, I'll have a look, see what I can do. 8)

Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Uncle Reno wrote:
Not ever being of much use with coding or anything too technical, previously I tried to help keep the Wiki in order and wondered if there was a list of similar, fairly non-taxing and less exciting jobs to do?
Hi Uncle Reno, nice to meet you.. :D

If you're any good at breaking things, you might want to have a look at this thread.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Uncle Reno
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Uncle Reno »

Uncle Reno wrote:
Rxke wrote:
JazHaz wrote:
No bids as yet.

But...

:) Don't worry, if I sell it for 0.99 GBP (+postage) I'll be more than happy.
And, as prophesied, they went for £0.99.