PirateCove Bounty Error

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

NorthenderPNE
Deadly
Deadly

PirateCove Bounty Error

Post by NorthenderPNE »

Hi guys, firstly i'm running the latest trunk version. Right, my bounty scanner (v1.061) informed me of a bounty of 1000cr for destroying the asteroid, but on destroying it i only receive 100cr. Also i get 10cr coming up on some bounties ie: boulders etc, but only receive 1cr. I'm using the PirateCove.oxp as well a few others.

Anyone got any ideas or is this down to the latest trunks code, or the oxp's above?

:wink:
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: PirateCove Bounty Error

Post by Gimi »

NorthenderPNE wrote:
Hi guys, firstly i'm running the latest trunk version. Right, my bounty scanner (v1.061) informed me of a bounty of 1000cr for destroying the asteroid, but on destroying it i only receive 100cr. Also i get 10cr coming up on some bounties ie: boulders etc, but only receive 1cr. I'm using the PirateCove.oxp as well a few others.

Anyone got any ideas or is this down to the latest trunks code, or the oxp's above?

:wink:
Just checked and I have the same issue. I use bounty scanner, same version as well. Any bounty concerning asteroids or boulders is reduced by a factor of 10 when paid out compared with what bounty scanner says.
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
NorthenderPNE
Deadly
Deadly

Post by NorthenderPNE »

Just checked and I have the same issue. I use bounty scanner, same version as well. Any bounty concerning asteroids or boulders is reduced by a factor of 10 when paid out compared with what bounty scanner says.
Nice one Gimi, now i don't feel so alone..... :wink:
Cmdr James
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Cmdr James »

Hmm, my mobile internet seems to have not conveyed my post from earlier.

Rock class entities have their bounty calculated differently to other entities, which I regard as a bug (but I tihnk has history).

What we ought to do is change the bounty of all asteroids and change the calculation. The problem is this will make asteroid containing OXPs give weird values until they are upgraded.

I am pretty sure however that the pirate coves used to work properly, so I wonder if someone has changed something...
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Cmdr James’s suggestion has merit, but based on the Grand Plan™ it’s an EMMSTRAN thing, not an MNSR thing. It would probably be reasonable to bake the adjusted value into the bounty reported to JS, though.

In the mean time, the correct way to calculate effective bounty is:

Code: Select all

function adjustedBounty(ship)
{
    baseBounty = ship.bounty;
    var scanClass = ship.scanClass;
    if (ship.isCargo || scanClass == "CLASS_BUOY" || scanClass == "CLASS_ROCK")
    {
        return baseBounty / 10;
    }
    else
    {
        return baseBounty;
    }
}
Untested, but the outline is correct.
NorthenderPNE
Deadly
Deadly

Post by NorthenderPNE »

Thanks for the explanations guys but in Layman's terms is this down to Oolite or a particular oxp's code? Is it PirateCoves.oxp that needs updating and is it the offending oxp?

You're the Genius's, i just play the game........ :wink: :D
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

NorthenderPNE wrote:
Thanks for the explanations guys but in Layman's terms is this down to Oolite or a particular oxp's code? Is it PirateCoves.oxp that needs updating and is it the offending oxp?

You're the Genius's, i just play the game........ :wink: :D
In my opinion its the bounty scanner that needs updating. It has always been (at least since 1.65) that the given bounty for rocks was 10% of the defined value. So, or the scanner needs to do the correction, or the core game should adjust for it in its return value as by the code from Ahruman above.
It is even likely that the value of 1000 in the pirate cove already anticipated that the player would receive 100 credits as bounty because I think 1000 credits would be to much for it.
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

Done..

1.07 Bounty Scanner download location in my signature..

Code: Select all

var baseBounty
;-)
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
NorthenderPNE
Deadly
Deadly

Post by NorthenderPNE »

@Frame

Just finished work this morning and what a nice surprise. Thanks a lot mate for your time and effort and also for such a quick turnaround. 10/10. :wink: :D