Download Problems?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Phoenix4
Dangerous
Dangerous

Download Problems?

Post by Phoenix4 »

Hi guys,

I've been away from Oolite for some time and have decided to jump back in. :D

I've been looking through my original install and noticed that a lot of my OXP's are old versions, but when I try to get the latest ones from www.box.net they fail every time no matter what download I try. Anyone else seeing this?

I've tried downloading via Firefox, Chrome and IE8 and even added the website address to ZoneAlarm Exceptions but it still fails. Any ideas? :?: This has been going on for a couple of days now so I doubt the problem is their end?

Cheers all!

Px4
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Maybe not connected, but I was unable to upload a couple of files yesterday. One was simply too big but the other was only 4.9Mb so should have been fine.
Maybe they're having problems.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Phoenix4
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Phoenix4 »

Sorted!

The downloads wouldn't work through any of my browsers, but I was testing out Opera and bizarrely I can download from www.box.net OK! :shock:

All very strange... :!:

Px4
Zbond-Zbond
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zbond-Zbond »

I have had the problems you mention at Box.net with quite a lot of early oxp's. Others have been able to download from there, but I can't - and I've tried all the things that you have mentioned (except the thing that worked..) so there is some sort of incompatibility issue going on
There was a bit of discussion here and here and here
This topic covered various problems with Box.net and there might be similatities to your difficulties covered there. One point is that the files you're looking for might not be there anymore, but some files there are available to only some supplicants. Try sacrificing a few virgins, eating some toadstools, both, or all three - and if you see anything familiar looking at the earlier links (above) try some of what was suggested (to me) (then) -- but I don't recall that anything ever worked..
With the passage of time, I can comment however, that Box.net links do work the majority of the time :shock:
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

I suggest checking your browser's cookies and delete any that are for box.net.
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!