Elite rating

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Smivs wrote:
I had no idea you got 'kills' for zapping asteroids! It does seem a bit silly, to be honest, and I for one would probably favour this being disabled in future versions.
This is the problem with resurrecting prehistoric threads.

What gives you the idea that you get kills for zapping asteroids? Have you ever in any recent version of Oolite (at least since 1.65!) zapped an asteroid and looked at your counted kills before and after? It doesn't even take a minute to perform this really not very sophisticated test!

So: this has already been disabled many years ago! There is really no reason at all to begin a new debate about something few people here can even remember.
snork
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by snork »

ah, I'm late.

PS - From somewhere else, I like feature request topics where the answer is "already done!" . :D
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

snork wrote:
... I like feature request topics where the answer is "already done!" ...
That's great service, isn't it?

"I'd like to have that feature" ... "OK, it's in. Retroactively. Has been for five years now."

Or, perhaps, I'm watching Doctor Who too much.
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Commander McLane wrote:
Smivs wrote:
I had no idea you got 'kills' for zapping asteroids! It does seem a bit silly, to be honest, and I for one would probably favour this being disabled in future versions.
This is the problem with resurrecting prehistoric threads.

What gives you the idea that you get kills for zapping asteroids? Have you ever in any recent version of Oolite (at least since 1.65!) zapped an asteroid and looked at your counted kills before and after? It doesn't even take a minute to perform this really not very sophisticated test!

So: this has already been disabled many years ago! There is really no reason at all to begin a new debate about something few people here can even remember.
Easy, Easy! :lol: Ohterwise you get as hot as a volcano :wink:
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709