Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

PA groove stations help

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

JJP
Average
Average

Post by JJP »

Griff wrote:
JJP wrote:
Maybe it has something to do with the shaders? Hope this helps.
Ah you're right! thanks for testing all this, as soon as i saw that written in your post i realised what the problem was (in fact it's something i meant to fix before re-uploading the oxp), it's the vertex shader, the same file is used in other oxp's but i forgot to rename the pagroove_stations one after editing it. I've made the changes and re-uploaded the oxp, thanks again for taking the time to do all that detective work!
I can confirm the updated v1.2.2 works! No thanks are necessary - what's the point of open source software if you don't help solving an issue you yourself adressed... Glad to have been of help.
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

I found this in my log file:
[shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
[shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "PAGroove-icosahedron-reference" specifies no model.
[shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "PAGroove-dodecahedron-reference" specifies no model.
[shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "PAGroove-coriolis-reference" specifies no model.
Searching through this thread, I realised that I had v1.2.1 installed. Using v1.2.2 fixes this problem, but the only link I've found to it is here in this thread. The wiki lets you download v1.2.1 only. Just thought I'd let someone know...
maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia (mainly industrial, feudal, TL12)

Post by maik »

Thanks, I added a link on the Wiki page.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

The "errors" themselves are harmless, by the way.
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

I wondered about that. They seemed to be a template for the actual stations to save a host of repetitive typing, as far as I could tell, and therefore I didn't think it would make a difference. But I wasn't sure...

Now for some flying around to see if I can see some of these in-game!
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Mauiby de Fug wrote:
Now for some flying around to see if I can see some of these in-game!
They are replacing the original stations pretty much wholesale. I think in each galaxy there may be one or two systems left which do not have a P.A.Groove-station.

This may change, however, if you have other station OXPs installed as well.
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

I've currently got Deepspace, Smiv's and Griff's installed as well, and have barely flown since installing this set, so haven't had much of a chance yet. I've been on an oxp binge recently, gradually adding ships and re-textures to give some variety to the Ooniverse, and making sure that my system can cope with it...