Introduce myself, and ask a question.

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Introduce myself, and ask a question.

Post by Commander McLane »

another_commander wrote:
Will2097 wrote:
2) Is there anyway of reducing the random battles. I'm much more of a tourist, and would rather travel the galaxy selling narcotics to aliens, and watching moons rise on distant planets than battling it out all the time. It also means I will be able to leave the game running while I work ;)
If you have 1 million credits to spare and fuel scoops, you may consider deploying the PandoraWeapon, found in the KillIt(TM) OXP. The catch: You commit one single quick act of violence in the name of peace and galactic tourism. Launch with the weapon on board, wipe out life in the entire galaxy, then feel free to roam the universe, assured that you will never find anyone to fight against. 8)
There is a catch, however: You are also assured that you will never find anyone to sell narcotics to. :twisted:
BlackKnight
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by BlackKnight »

another_commander wrote:
If you have 1 million credits to spare and fuel scoops, you may consider deploying the PandoraWeapon, found in the KillIt(TM) OXP. The catch: You commit one single quick act of violence in the name of peace and galactic tourism. Launch with the weapon on board, wipe out life in the entire galaxy, then feel free to roam the universe, assured that you will never find anyone to fight against. 8)
Hmm, the PandoraWeapon. Not made of Sapient Pearwood and endowed with hundreds of tiny little legs, is it?
:shock:
Ook!
You really want to know what's gonna happen, Ambassador? Boom. Boom boom. Boom, boom, boom, boom, boom. BOOM!
Will2097
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by Will2097 »

another_commander wrote:
Will2097 wrote:
2) Is there anyway of reducing the random battles. I'm much more of a tourist, and would rather travel the galaxy selling narcotics to aliens, and watching moons rise on distant planets than battling it out all the time. It also means I will be able to leave the game running while I work ;)
I guess you have to break a few eggs ;) I'll start saving :)
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

BlackKnight wrote:
Hmm, the PandoraWeapon. Not made of Sapient Pearwood and endowed with hundreds of tiny little legs, is it?
:shock:
Ook!
Did no one else notice the Discworld reference there? :lol:
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

I did, but had trouble thinking of a snappy comeback.. :lol:
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied