Alternative source for OXP download...

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Sarin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Alternative source for OXP download...

Post by Sarin »

Well, I just upgraded my Oolite to latest trunk, and found out that three of my OXPs don't work with it. I think they have a version made for trunk (I am sure at least Asteroid Storm does), but with wiki down, I don't have access to them. The OXPs in question are Asteroid Storm, Military Fiasco and Thargoid Wars. Is there any alternative download source?
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

To begin with: don't panic! :D

Some of the changes made to trunk during the last weekend had unintended side effects, one of them is already sorted, and another one is on its way to being dealt with ( see https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?t=7807 )so it might well be that those OXPs will start working again as intended!

But yes, not having at least a rough list of all downloadable OXPs is a concern.

The internet archive last crawled the wiki in 2008, so all we've got from that site is:

http://web.archive.org/web/200804120245 ... ex.php/OXP

Still, google seems to have recent copies of the wiki in its vaults. If you enter the following line verbatim inside the search box:

Code: Select all

site:wiki.alioth.net oxp
and click the cached links, you should be good to go.

At first it'll look as if google has actually cached nothing, but that's because it's trying to fetch images (& css files) from the deceased site, but as long as you're patient (or click the text-only version link that appears in the top right corner of the still empty looking cached page) you should be seeing the dead wiki pages coming back to life in front of your very eyes! :)

A small percentage of OXPs - like the humble farSun in my sig - were actually hosted on the wiki server, so they still won't be available until the wiki is back.
With any luck, we should be able to upload any temporarily 'lost' OXPs to an alternative location, and maybe list them on this thread... Hopefully other forum members downloaded one (or ten!) of them in the recent past...
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: Alternative source for OXP download...

Post by Eric Walch »

Sarin wrote:
Well, I just upgraded my Oolite to latest trunk, and found out that three of my OXPs don't work with it.
You can find here some oxps for trunk. Trunk-only versions should not be on the wiki site until we have an 1.74 release.
The old versions of those oxp's will also work properly with trunk when you change the requires.plist, but they will spam your log with deprecation warnings.
Kaks wrote:
Still, google seems to have recent copies of the wiki in its vaults. If you enter the following line verbatim inside the search box:
I never realised this is possible. Is explains why I still see downloads in my box account. The download volume is only 10% of what it was with the wiki on-line. I thought all current downloads were linked from topics in this forum, but I noticed some files of which I was sure they never had a published link in these forums. I only placed the link on the wiki.
Sarin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Sarin »

Thanks, Eric, your link provided just what I need.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

I'm also working on 1.74 versions of my OXPs where they need it. Link to the beta versions are in my sig below, but all are subject to update and change (as Eric says, they're not official releases until after 1.74 is finalised).

I've also added such a note into Eric's mentioned thread too.
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Just in case anyone wants to get the farsun OXP, I've uploaded it to box.net, and took the opportunity to update it for v1.73+... it's now up to version 1.04 and available through my 'New, Improved' sig! :)
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)