"requires_cargo_space" - minor nitpick

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

"requires_cargo_space" - minor nitpick

Post by Lestradae »

It's nothing very big, but the "<key>requires_cargo_space</key>" option for the equipment.plist is referring - game-internally - to the free cargo capacity and not the complete cargo capacity of the ship.

I noticed because I play with scripted equipment that should only be buyable from a certain ship size onwards. The scripted equipment stops working when the cargo hold is full enough so that the "required cargo space" is no longer free.

I would find it more logical if that variable wouldn't concern itself with free cargo capacity, but the actual cargo capacity.

Don't know what anyone else thinks.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Re: "requires_cargo_space" - minor nitpick

Post by Svengali »

Lestradae wrote:
I would find it more logical if that variable wouldn't concern itself with free cargo capacity, but the actual cargo capacity.
For me it's more logical that it takes the free capacity.

You can always set missionVariables, based on the ships properties to achieve what you want.
snork
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by snork »

Lestradae wrote:
It's nothing very big, but the "<key>requires_cargo_space</key>" option for the equipment.plist is referring - game-internally - to the free cargo capacity and not the complete cargo capacity of the ship.

I noticed because I play with scripted equipment that should only be buyable from a certain ship size onwards. The scripted equipment stops working when the cargo hold is full enough so that the "required cargo space" is no longer free.
Like I can not install a passenger berth when I do not have free space worth 5 tons ?
I can not see how this is not logical ?
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

snork wrote:
Like I can not install a passenger berth when I do not have free space worth 5 tons ? I can not see how this is not logical ?
Yeah you're right ... I didn't think of that. Obvious in retrospect :oops:

Well, I don't dare to attempt a feature request for "my" option atm :wink: