Star Colors

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Frame wrote:
and are your hues settings the same as mine ?
Not according the above codes. You use 0.4 and Pagroove 1.0.
According to the colour hue table you use green and Pagroove uses red. And both get the complementary colour as it looks
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Eric Walch wrote:
Looking in the code I see that the sun colour is always blended with 50% whiteColour.
I think you’re looking at the sun_diffuse calculation. The discColor is calculated by reducing the saturation to 33 % in the HSV model. (The fully saturated colour is used for the specular light colour. Having the specular light more saturated than the diffuse light doesn’t actually make any sense, but there you have it.)

The coronal colours are set based on the sun colour and a “hue drift” parameter that’s generated pseudo-randomly. It currently can’t be overridden. This means that the relationship between the sun colour and the corona colour is system-dependent.
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Ahruman wrote:
Eric Walch wrote:
Looking in the code I see that the sun colour is always blended with 50% whiteColour.
I think you’re looking at the sun_diffuse calculation. The discColor is calculated by reducing the saturation to 33 % in the HSV model. (The fully saturated colour is used for the specular light colour. Having the specular light more saturated than the diffuse light doesn’t actually make any sense, but there you have it.)

The coronal colours are set based on the sun colour and a “hue drift” parameter that’s generated pseudo-randomly. It currently can’t be overridden. This means that the relationship between the sun colour and the corona colour is system-dependent.
Ok that explains a lot :)
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709