docking computers

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Ryabovsky
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

docking computers

Post by Ryabovsky »

Hey everyone--

I'm running Oolite with a couple of OXPs (Random Hits and Your Ad Here), and I'm having trouble automatically docking with the stations.

Is this because I bought my docking computers before I installed the addons? I've repaired the computers following battle damage, but that still didn't fix anything.

Any help you could give me would be awesome ...
Loxley
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Loxley »

Welcome to the "Friendliest Board This Side of Riedquat".

Just checking, you are aware that to use docking computers with an oxp station you need to press shift-c, right? Also, shift-d insta-dock isn't available either.

edit to add: Just had a look at the wiki controls page and this doesn't seem to be on the list. Any chance one of our wiki ninjas could fix this?
Last edited by Loxley on Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is still much music to be written in C major" Stravinsky
Ryabovsky
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by Ryabovsky »

Loxley wrote:
Welcome to the "Friendliest Board This Side of Riedquat".

Just checking, you are aware that to use docking computers with an oxp station you need to press shift-c right? Also, shift-d insta-dock isn't available either.
Yeah, er...that might explain a lot of the issues I've been having. Thanks!
Loxley
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Loxley »

Ryabovsky wrote:
Yeah, er...that might explain a lot of the issues I've been having. Thanks!
Don't worry about it. I'd been playing the game for two weeks before I worked this one out. (Shift-d took another week after that. :oops: )
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

If you happen to play on a Mac, it's all in the ReadMe. :wink:

For everybody else, the ReadMe (of Oolite 1.65, but it contains the keys concerned already) is available for download from the Wiki.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Commander McLane wrote:
For everybody else, the ReadMe (of Oolite 1.65, but it contains the keys concerned already) is available for download from the Wiki.
For the Windows version there is no need to refer to the wiki for this: Both the Reference Sheet and the 1.73 ReadMe, containing all necessary and updated information, are available in the game's root folder after installation.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Loxley wrote:
you are aware that to use docking computers with an oxp station you need to press shift-c, right? Also, shift-d insta-dock isn't available either.
There is also the small detail that you must first target the oxp-station you wish to dock with.
another_commander wrote:
For the Windows version there is no need to refer to the wiki for this: Both the Reference Sheet and the 1.73 ReadMe, containing all necessary and updated information, are available in the game's root folder after installation.
They are also accessible via the Start>All Programs>Oolite menu, along with "Advice For New Commanders".
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Loxley wrote:
Just had a look at the wiki controls page and this doesn't seem to be on the list.
Yes they are!

Code: Select all

Autopilot 	 c 	 99 	 63 	
Autodock 	D 	68 	44 
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Loxley
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Loxley »

JazHaz wrote:
Loxley wrote:
Just had a look at the wiki controls page and this doesn't seem to be on the list.
Yes they are!

Code: Select all

Autopilot 	 c 	 99 	 63 	
Autodock 	D 	68 	44 
To be more specific I meant the C command for non main station dockable objects as oppose to the ordinary c. As other people have pointed out it is all in the readme though.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Commander McLane wrote:
If you happen to play on a Mac, it's all in the ReadMe. :wink:
That is difficult accessible on the mac as you must open the Oolite package to get it. The easy way to get the read-me on the mac is just select the help menu while the game is running. (In windowed mode)