Large Cargo Bay Bug

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Raptoricus
Average
Average

Large Cargo Bay Bug

Post by Raptoricus »

Hey, I've just noticed an annoying bug with the Large Cargo Bay, whenever I reload a save game in Oolite, it seems to get set to 30t (whereas when I first get it, my Cobra 3 get's a much more usefull 60t) it's not a great hassal, as I can sell it and refit it when I load a save, but I don't like losing money doing it...

Will this be a patch job?
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

A known bug I think? (posts about which should be in the bug report forum ;) ).
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

This is resolved for 1.74. The cargo bay extension should give you 35t on a Cobra MkIII. Unfortunately, it gives you 50t when you buy it due to a bug that adds the new cargo capacity twice. It goes to the normal 35t when you load a saved game.

In short, 35t is the value you should have. 50t is the buggy one.

BTW, moving to Testing and Bug Reports.
Raptoricus
Average
Average

Post by Raptoricus »

Ahh well, that explains that, and sorry for putting it in the wrong forum :?
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

In addition to what another_commander already said, we've recently discovered another very amusing bug, one that happens when selling a cargo bay expansion via the sell equipment oxp. Do try that oxp, and see what happens.

That bug has been corrected in trunk too, and hopefully new releases of Oolite shouldn't show as much untoward generosity with the extra cargo space... :)
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Raptoricus
Average
Average

Post by Raptoricus »

Nyahh crap, then why does mine reset to 30t? Ugh, I'm tempted to take advantage of this glitch in retribution for my missing 5t cargo space :evil:

[EDIT] that's just me being stupid, I forgot that I have a passenger slot taking up the five tonnes, Doh!
CheeseRedux
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CheeseRedux »

Kaks wrote:
In addition to what another_commander already said, we've recently discovered another very amusing bug, one that happens when selling a cargo bay expansion via the sell equipment oxp. Do try that oxp, and see what happens.

That bug has been corrected in trunk too, and hopefully new releases of Oolite shouldn't show as much untoward generosity with the extra cargo space... :)
[ShamelessSelfPromotionOfBugFindingProwess]
You wouldn't by any chance be talking about this https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?t=6863 , would you?
[/ShamelessSelfPromotionOfBugFindingProwess]
"Actually this is a common misconception... I do *not* in fact have a lot of time on my hands at all! I just have a very very very very bad sense of priorities."
--Dean C Engelhardt
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Might be...

Ok, ok that's exactly the one I was talking about! :D
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Commander Trigg
Competent
Competent

Post by Commander Trigg »

Just in case anyone is interested, I'm running the latest test release (downloaded yesterday) and this bug is still there.

Not that I'm complaining too much since it gave me a nice healthy start to my trading career ;)
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Commander Trigg wrote:
Just in case anyone is interested, I'm running the latest test release (downloaded yesterday) and this bug is still there.
Not a big suprise, because the latest test release you downloaded is exactly the same for which Raptoricus (and some people before him) reported the bug. (There may quite some time be passing between test releases.)

Oh, and welcome to the boards, Commander Trigg! :D
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Commander McLane wrote:
(There may quite some time be passing between test releases.)
The two week period in Sept 2009 when we had four test releases was quite unusual! :wink: :lol:
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

JazHaz wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:
(There may quite some time be passing between test releases.)
The two week period in Sept 2009 when we had four test releases was quite unusual! :wink: :lol:
Actually, this is pretty standard procedure after an initial step-up version. Bugs are always found and it usually takes three or four rapid subsequent releases to sort things out.