morrigan.oxp

News and discussion of the PC port of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

madchester16
Average
Average

morrigan.oxp

Post by madchester16 »

Hi All,

I've recently installed the morrigan oxp and have seen quite a few flying around various systems in galaxy 1. I've read there may be a bug with the ship not appearing even in TL15 systems where the oxp states it should.

I'm running v174.2 of Oolite and a few other oxp's. But not RealisticShipyards which I've also read may be needed for the morrigan to appear in a ship yard available to purchase.

Will the morrigan appear in TL15 shipyards so I can purchase it, with my current setup or do I need the RS oxp? I don't think my laptop is high enough spec to run RL really. It's a Pentium 1.7Ghz with 1GB of ram running Windows Vista.

Thanks for any replies,
Lee
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: morrigan.oxp

Post by Commander McLane »

madchester16 wrote:
Hi All,

I've recently installed the morrigan oxp and have seen quite a few flying around various systems in galaxy 1. I've read there may be a bug with the ship not appearing even in TL15 systems where the oxp states it should.
You don't need anything alongside Morrigan.oxp, if you correct the bug yourself.

For this you need to open the OXP (on a Mac, right-click the OXP and choose "View Package"; with other OS's, just double-click it), open its Config-folder, and then open the file named shipyard.plist. You can do that with the text editor of your choice, but do not use Notepad (if you're on Windows, Wordpad will do just fine).

Find the pairing

Code: Select all

<key>techlevel</key>
		<integer>15</integer>
and change the 15 to 14. Techlevels (as all numbers in Oolite) are internally handled as starting with 0. Therefore, what you see as TL 1 is TL 0 for the code, and what you see as TL 15 is TL 14 for the code. And TL 15 in the code would be TL 16 for you, which doesn't exist in the game, so you have to reduce the number in the code.

Save the file, and restart Oolite while holding the SHIFT key. Now your change is incorporated in the game. In the next TL 15 shipyard you may see a Morrigan for sale (but still there's no guarantee, because shipyards are populated randomly from the possible ships). So you may still need to fly around a little.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

I've just implemented the fix in my version of the Morrigan oxp. Thanks.
madchester16
Average
Average

Post by madchester16 »

Brilliant. Thank you so much for the bug fix. I'll amend the oxp tonight.

I know the morrigan is a rare ship to see for sale, but I have been flying around for a while constantly visiting the TL15 system in galaxy 1 (Ceexse is it). And thought there was a problem... and I had read on the BB there was a bug, but didn't want to 'cheat' and amend the oxp if it had been fixed since that post.

Anyway, again thanks very much. Can't wait to buy one now :D