Bing! 100,000 downloads!

News and discussion of the PC port of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

dajt
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Bing! 100,000 downloads!

Post by dajt »

Hi,

I've been watching the Oolite-PC downloads creep towards 100,000 for the last couple of weeks and today we made it!

Now, before everyone gets all technical, I know that includes multiple downloads from the same people for different versions, and even things like the dev libs, but 100,000 pieces of stuff downloaded for Oolite on Windows is great news anyway :)

Well done to all involved! I guess all that fighting with gnustep was worth it afterall.
Regards,
David Taylor.
milinks
Deadly
Deadly

Post by milinks »

Thats brilliant news Dajt, it is a testiment to your determination as well. There have been a number of milestones with the PC version, which have been passed by you, Nic and Giles. It really is quite something to think that from an idea by one individual, assisted by a few people, so many people are playing this game. Well Done! :)
dajt
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by dajt »

Thanks.

Speaking of Nic, I'm getting busy again in RL so it's about time he came back and started hacking away... none of my recent Oolite code experiments have produced any edible fruit.
Regards,
David Taylor.
Nic
Competent
Competent

Post by Nic »

Yes, getting back on the Oolite horse could be quite good fun....

:)
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

Looking forward to it Nic, your installer for PC was a major step forward and one of the benchmarks in Oolite development, it opened up the Oolite universe to all us MS windows users.
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
oncebytten
Above Average
Above Average

Post by oncebytten »

Wow, 100,000 downloads... there are more Oolites on Win32 systems than that, that 100,000 mark doesn't count the five CDs I burned of Oolite and add-ons that I distributed to friends:-)

How about 100,005!