Halsis Voice Over

News and discussion of the PC port of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Vortigern
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Halsis Voice Over

Post by Vortigern »

Hi

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I've loaded Halsis, and can hear her in the background, but the default male voice still blathers on over the top of her (typical, eh?)

I switched off voice option, and it all goes quiet, and I dont seem to be able to change the voice style from options.

I am a bit thick with things like this, please can some point out what I've missed (in plain English)

Thanks

Vort
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Re: Halsis Voice Over

Post by Disembodied »

Hi Vortigern, welcome to the boards!
Vortigern wrote:
I am a bit thick with things like this
Don't worry, you're not the only one ;) ... but while we're waiting for one of the clever people to turn up, it might be useful if you can let them know what version of Oolite you're using, and what (if any) other OXPs you might have running.
Vortigern
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by Vortigern »

oolite version is: 1.76.1

OXD - Dock Assist System 1.3, Griff Shipset Addition v1.22, Griff Shipset Replace v1.34, Griff shipset Resources v1.2.25, Halsis
Nuke em till they glow, then shoot em in the dark
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

G'day Vortigern, and welcome!

While it doesn't directly address your problem, I see two things there that need attention..

I highly recommend that you update to the current version of Oolite, which is 1.77.1. (the "stable" part of the 1.76.1 name refers to the feature-set, not how 'stable' the game is, crash/bug-wise.. 1.77.1 runs very stably, in that sense of the word, and it has many bug-fixes compared to 1.76.1. Updating may well fix your problem)

The other thing is that you have both a 'replacement' and an 'addition' set of Griff ships. An addition pack is intended to be used if you want to see both the 'original' ships and the Griff ships in your game, and a replacement pack is for if you wish to replace the 'original' ships with the Griff ships. Having both installed is redundant and may potentially lead to problems. Depending on what you want to see in-game, I recommend you remove one or the other of the Griff packs.

With luck, taking care of these details may sort out your current problem.. if not, we can dig deeper into things.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Vortigern
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by Vortigern »

That seems to have fixed it thanks - disabled Voice, can hear halsis now

Cheers guys

Loving this game... again :D
Nuke em till they glow, then shoot em in the dark
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Cool - welcome aboard. Oh yeah - if you like the Griff stuff, you really should install Griff's station/hermit bundle too.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!