Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Have I been pwned?

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Getafix
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: A small ice asteroid, orbiting Oresrati in Galaxy 8 (a.k.a. northwest Armorica).

Have I been pwned?

Post by Getafix »

Stumbled on https://haveibeenpwned.com and thought to share it with our community.

Among other stuff, you can check your email or username, you can find a downloadable list of pwned passwords and get a list of pwned websites.
"Any sufficiently advanced information is indistinguishable from noise." [Newman, Lachmann, Moore]
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: Have I been pwned?

Post by Cody »

Potter Stewarting Kickstarter!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Getafix
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: A small ice asteroid, orbiting Oresrati in Galaxy 8 (a.k.a. northwest Armorica).

Post by Getafix »

Norse real time visibility into global cyber attacks

http://map.norsecorp.com/#/ :shock:

It reminds me the Operations Center screen from the WarGames (1983) movie .
"Any sufficiently advanced information is indistinguishable from noise." [Newman, Lachmann, Moore]
Cody

Post by Cody »

WTF? I love it!
Astrobe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Astrobe »

Getafix wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:28 pm
Stumbled on https://haveibeenpwned.com and thought to share it with our community.
I'm looking at decentralized file system solutions like IPFS to replace those cloud storage services (*drives/boxes) and image hosting sites, mainly in order not to rely on them to post images, share files or host OXPs.

IPFS seemed to me the easiest to install - I could install it easily on Windows! - but there's alternatives like GNUnet or MediaGoblin (perhaps for images only). They seem far less easy to install.

I tried to put a copy of the oolite installer on IPFS, but it seems that if nobody else "pins" in its own IPFS instance, one can only download it when my machine is on (pretty much like a torrent it seems).

I'm mentioning it because I know you're hosting the nightly builds so I'm thinking that maybe you're looking too at this kind of solution. It seems that there's other people in the Oolite community that host various stuff, so my wild hope is maybe to start some sort of "community IPFS" (or any similar solution that works well enough).
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Getafix wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:28 pm

Many thanks for this, Getafix! 8) 8)
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
pleiadian
Deadly
Deadly

Post by pleiadian »

'dis website be verry excellent. Many thanks.
Alex
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Alex »

What is "pwned" ??
Really? is there another new language I'll never know or care about?

For some sake can't these kids learn that spelling actually carries meaning in a word. Fuck is not one of them. Too many meanings. It has lost it's.

Power outs. Anyone remember them? How are kids going to cope? Batteries need charging and cannot be made without.. Yup.. Power.

Sort of feeling sadistic. Waiting for the power to go off long enough for the wee yins phones to go dead. Damn! will they be able to find their arse's to actually shit in the pan? Without a phone and 10000 'friends' to tell them?

Arg g g.. Going down the gurgler to. to.. too...

Na, was just a fart!
LOOK OUT!!!
OOPS..
"Press Space" Commander
If you do not see "Press Space" more often than you want.. Your not trying!
Getafix
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Getafix »

Talking about privacy and security. I read Cody's post and continued by checking out the summary of the processor bug at the very end of that article.

One of the interesting stuff in the summary, is that you get links with information on
...turning on site isolation in your browser (Chrome, Firefox) to thwart malicious webpages trying to leverage these design flaws to steal session cookies from the browser process.
I deliberately don't put the shortcut links here because someone has put an effort in finding this info.
The least we can do to support this, is actually visit the original article and follow the links from the source.

Some additional information, on the impact of turning on this feature, can be found here and at the Firefox-related link shared by the aforementioned article at "The Register".
Cody

Post by Cody »

<nods sagely> Aye - already tweaked Waterfox.