OH OOLITE!!

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: another_commander, winston, Cody

commanderxairon
Deadly
Deadly

OH OOLITE!!

Post by commanderxairon »

some times i want to play Oolite again and even want to make a new shipset, but then i see there is still no manning of turrets, no laser turrets and no way to dock giant ships so i resind of my idea... also my ships cannot be ported to Oolite no matter how much i try because of that T_T

here's a shot of my last one

https://sketchfab.com/models/68939adf66 ... db82883f13 and a 3d view turntable if you want
Pirate Commander: I would taken over Anleis and maked the first pirate system on this Ooniverse and become the monarch of all that empire if This stupid boy and his ship would'nt interfeer

Kuroshido(RXS-mariana) : scooby doobi doo?....

MY CREW
Yah-Ta-Hey
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: OH OOLITE!!

Post by Yah-Ta-Hey »

I am very impressed with your model.... the sheer size of it is awe inspiring. If the command deck just under the bank of secondary weapons is an indication, I would think that they are probably no less than 4 meters in height. that would indicate that the bores of the 6 cannons would be around 3 to 3.5 meters in diameter... that is one very large energy blast or one very large projectile coming out of one of those babies. In addition, the crew size would be stupendous just to man the weapons sytem. this vessel is clearly out of the reach of ordinary spacers and can belong only to the imperial fleet. It appears to be a vessel that clearly needs no docking capabilities... fleet tankers and supply ships would tend to her every need.
Bartle tester says while I am drinking evil juice, I am: 80% killer/ 80 % achiever/ 33% explorer and 0% socializer.
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

:shock: wow, your work is amazing!
commanderxairon
Deadly
Deadly

Post by commanderxairon »

Yah-Ta-Hey wrote:
I am very impressed with your model.... the sheer size of it is awe inspiring. If the command deck just under the bank of secondary weapons is an indication, I would think that they are probably no less than 4 meters in height. that would indicate that the bores of the 6 cannons would be around 3 to 3.5 meters in diameter... that is one very large energy blast or one very large projectile coming out of one of those babies. In addition, the crew size would be stupendous just to man the weapons sytem. this vessel is clearly out of the reach of ordinary spacers and can belong only to the imperial fleet. It appears to be a vessel that clearly needs no docking capabilities... fleet tankers and supply ships would tend to her every need.
ah thanks so much for taking that time to see the design, it is not as realistic as other of my designs

https://api.sketchfab.com/models/073c2a ... 0b930adc10 this is by far the most realistic design i ever made, The UCBC AEION, it uses railguns... here's a size comparison with the IJN Yamato... https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 6014_n.jpg lets see if you calculate that precisely the size of things here

you should also check out the Xerxes class heavy cruiser https://sketchfab.com/models/0ec37e828c ... f75d51f5b5
Pirate Commander: I would taken over Anleis and maked the first pirate system on this Ooniverse and become the monarch of all that empire if This stupid boy and his ship would'nt interfeer

Kuroshido(RXS-mariana) : scooby doobi doo?....

MY CREW
CommRLock78
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommRLock78 »

:shock: Pretty slick work indeed! 8)
"I'll laser the mark all while munching a fistful of popcorn." - Markgräf von Ededleen, Marquess, Brutal Great One, Assassins' Guild Exterminator
---------------------------
At the helm of the Caduceus Omega, 'Murderous Morrígan'
Yah-Ta-Hey
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Yah-Ta-Hey »

please let me say this: I am no naval engineer and I do not have measurment tools other than my eye and a piece of paper but I imagine that your ship from the top view is between 4-5.5 times bigger that the yamato who was 239m long over all. your side view shows the your ship to be apx 4.5 times larger than the yamato. other than that all I can say is you deal with Naval fleet ships and you work with immense scale. a truly awesome ship like in Aliens. :)
Bartle tester says while I am drinking evil juice, I am: 80% killer/ 80 % achiever/ 33% explorer and 0% socializer.
SirArian
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by SirArian »

Wow... Those ships are amazing. I have done a little bit of modeling, so I have an idea of how much work goes into each model. And you have interior modeled too! :shock: I think you should look into making a Navy ship OXP, as was kind of suggested by Yah-Ta-Hey. It would be impressive to see a ship that is larger than a station flying through deep space... Stay far away if you are a fugitive! :wink:
"May Duralium ever stand between you and the Vacuum."
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

commanderxairon wrote: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:03 pm
Some times I want to play Oolite again and even want to make a new shipset, but then I see there is still no manning of turrets, no laser turrets and no way to dock giant ships so I rescind my idea... also my ships cannot be ported to Oolite no matter how much I try because of that T_T
Does anybody have an idea what the T_T is?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
tsoj
Deadly
Deadly

Post by tsoj »

Cholmondely wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:12 am
Maybe a smiley? "T" is an eye with dropping tears, "_" is the mouth, and "T_T" is an incredibly sad face.
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

tsoj wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:36 am
Cholmondely wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:12 am
Maybe a smiley? "T" is an eye with dropping tears, "_" is the mouth, and "T_T" is an incredibly sad face.
As much as I remember in chats T_T is the shortcut for "crying face".
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Thanking you, gentlemen...

Now I'm even more confused!
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?