Constrictor mission hints

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Lazarus
Average
Average

Constrictor mission hints

Post by Lazarus »

Hi there. I used to have an account on these boards but I think it got lost during the hack, certainly I can't get the password recovery thing to accept the username and email address, so thought I might as well have a change of identity.

Definitely been a fan of Elite for a while, learned the basics on the BBC Master version and am certainly enjoying Oolite 1.75.1. Hadn't actually played for a while but was sufficiently outraged by a recent episode of a certain long-running BBC science fiction series in which our heroes inflicted space pirates on a parallel universe, this being treated as a happy ending, that I had to get myself another copy of Oolite and get back into the whole trading/shooting up pirates thing again.

Recently completed the Constrictor mission, in it one thing I noticed was that you would get the hints for where to go next even if you weren't docked at the space station. Not entirely sure if this counts as a bug or not, but I'd suggest amending the mission so this becomes the case. (Or the question arises just who is it you are talking to in the far-flung reaches of an alien solar system?)
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: Constrictor mission hints

Post by Smivs »

Welcome back! :)
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Arexack_Heretic
Dangerous Subversive Element
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

Hi!

Was this with vanilla flavoured constrictor bits or with the more_hints_oxp installed?

I'd be interested as this OXP I made in half a day is still being downloaded regularly, down through several major code revisions.
Riding the Rocket!
Lazarus
Average
Average

Post by Lazarus »

Hi, as far as I'm aware I don't have any OXPs that affect the Constrictor mission, I only had Sunskimmers, Ore Processor and BBC Micro keys installed.
Currently flying: Honest Bargain II (Cobra Mk III)
Arexack_Heretic
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

Ah, that is OK then.
:)
Riding the Rocket!
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

What is the status of this?

Was it eventually included in the Vanilla game code?

Download (from OXP list)
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?