Add note about copy-to-clipboard feature in expansion manager

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Milo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Add note about copy-to-clipboard feature in expansion manager

Post by Milo »

I suggest adding a note in the expansion manager when you press 'i', saying that the URL displayed has been copied to your clipboard. Although it is mentioned in the release announcements, I managed to overlook it until I saw it mentioned in another thread.
RockDoctor
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Add note about copy-to-clipboard feature in expansion manager

Post by RockDoctor »

Milo wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:16 pm
I suggest adding a note in the expansion manager when you press 'i', saying that the URL displayed has been copied to your clipboard. Although it is mentioned in the release announcements, I managed to overlook it until I saw it mentioned in another thread.
Does it?
It doesn't seem to do that on mine (V1.90, Linux 64-bit). And I came here to suggest it. I wouldn't do it by default though - I might have something on the clipboard for deflecting the Boss's attention after a swift "P,Alt+Tab".
Can the underlying SDL allow the standard "Ctrl+C" to copy the URL to the clipboard, with an appropriate on-screen message?

A "Boss" keybinding would be nice, but I think the Alt-Tab option is probably more flexible.
--
Shooting aliens for fun and ... well, more fun.
"Speaking as an outsider, what do you think of the human race?" (John Cooper Clark - "I married a Space Alien")