Clangers?

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Clangers?

Post by ffutures »

I was just wondering if there was any chance of seeing sky-moos, the Iron Chicken, or anything else related to the Clangers in a future expansion pack. Sky-moos would be interesting, they could be like asteroids except they actually change course occasionally and when you shoot them they turn into food, not ore.

UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Re: Clangers?

Post by UK_Eliter »

Here is an astonishingly late reply.

I think that, well implemented, that would be good! The same goes for the Borg OXP, which someone did start implementing at some point.

I'd like to see the Borg try to assimilate Iron Chicken. I'd help the latter, obviously.

The difficulty lies in getting decent implementation. Just having something shaped like a chicken flying around and impersonating e.g. a Cobra III is not enough.

Also, and I think evidently: Clangers themselves should not fight. But they should make sweet noises.
RockDoctor
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by RockDoctor »

If there is to be a flying chicken, there ought to be a DiscWorld too, on the back of a Great A'tuin.
Is there a GUI function that could keep Great A'tuin's "intimate anatomy" decently pixelated? It seems cosmically important that the gender of Great A'tuin not be revealed.
Yeah, sounds like an OXZ. Apart from the bit about the pixelation. But ... should Great A'tuin be a "vessel" (speed, mass manouverability values) or a dockable "station". In which case, the Oolite-Discworld crossover universe looms in front of us. Stercus!
--
Shooting aliens for fun and ... well, more fun.
"Speaking as an outsider, what do you think of the human race?" (John Cooper Clark - "I married a Space Alien")
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

That made me laugh, but I think we're just dreaming now - of getting our favourite television programmes into Oolite. But it's not as easy as replacing the first syllable of the programme with 'oo' (or doing something similar). Someone has to code all these IronChookens and Booorgs (sic)!