Escapepods - sickbay, medikits and robodocs...

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Amah
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: aboard the Laenina Crowne - Yasen-N class space freighter

Escapepods - sickbay, medikits and robodocs...

Post by Amah »

Since I read this thread I was wondering on the way escape capsules work like being easy money for the trigger happy.

Some of the thoughts I had were about there should be some kind of health status for the passengers of the escape capsule (healthy, slightly wounded, bruised, badly hurt, almost dead, deceased), and I wondered if the status for the injured should deteriorate on time on a ship without any medical care. There could be some equipment to raise the chances to survive or get better, like some basic medikit, a sickbay or even robodoc, then. Maybe even some reaction long afterwards like a suprise bonus/heritage, or just a "thank you! Our first child/clone/egg will bear your name".

Another thought was criminals bribing you to bring them to next hermit instead of Mainstation and deliver him to the cops. Also, with consequences by Pirates suddenly greeting you, getting a cargohold of contrabads for nothing or assassins of a rival group trying to kill you.

Maybe also something for RSS.
Amah
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: Escapepods - sickbay, medikits and robodocs...

Post by Cody »

Amah wrote:
Another thought was criminals bribing you to bring them to next hermit instead of Mainstation and deliver him to the cops.
I think the cops will be waiting at rock hermits too! Always been an oddity, has that.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

Cody wrote:
I think the cops will be waiting at rock hermits too! Always been an oddity, has that.
I've always thought that was odd too! I was considering writing a tweak to turn off arrival reports at Rock Hermits (which would stop it from happening) but I wasn't sure of the broader implications of doing that.
Cody

Post by Cody »

One of the laws of space - an escape pod must be unloaded/opened at the very first opportunity.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
ralph_hh
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ralph_hh »

I always wonder why the tell me that I get a 200Cr reward from the police instead of the 3000Cr from the insurance. What's the point?
ocz
Deadly
Deadly

Post by ocz »

ralph_hh wrote:
I always wonder why the tell me that I get a 200Cr reward from the police instead of the 3000Cr from the insurance. What's the point?
That the insurance doesn't pay makes only sense, if they want to punish the rescuer for delivering their client to the police. Or maybe they don't pay the insurance sum at all, if their clients got themselves into trouble by coming criminals. But then, what's their behaviour, if the player depends on them? (Never played as an offender nor used the escape capsule ever once.)

There are the Markets in V1.82, Ye Olde Hermit Markets and of course Rock Hermits, docked police and escape pods discussions out there, that more or less also discussed this topic. Removing the police ships is easy enough (shipdata.plist and shipdata-overwrites.plist), but no one came up with a solution for the insurrance problem. Isn't there a method to check if you dock at a station with allegiance = "galcop" or not and to change the rescued pilots status to non-offener/non-fugitive. They are automatically handled as soon as the ship is docked anyways, so there wouldn't be harm done when changing there status. (That what I wanted to do, but I'm into something else right now.)