Dangerous cargo - OXP idea.

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Agis Silverfish
Dangerous
Dangerous

Dangerous cargo - OXP idea.

Post by Agis Silverfish »

What should happen when your cargo is destroyed?

If it's Firearms you are probably carrying ammunition and that can explode for some extra damage to your ship, maybe like a missile hit. If your Narcotics get hit your screen may go crazy for two or three minutes, something bad in the middle of a dogfight. And if it's Radioactives you may have a chain reaction abroad, like a Quirium Cascade Mine centered on you. :mrgreen:
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Re: Dangerous cargo - OXP idea.

Post by Norby »

Agis Silverfish wrote:
ammunition and that can explode for some extra damage to your ship, maybe like a missile hit
Interesting, but a missile hit is a bit harsh, I suggest to use player.ship.takeInternalDamage(); which can hit another cargo and initiate a chain reaction. ;)
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Some of this is already in some of the cargo in my Pods OXP. It's certainly do-able, but despite what gets said here occasionally it seems that most people don't actually want the negative stuff from OXPs, at least from the feedback that OXP gets from time to time.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Ha, I don't see that making the game more realistic at the players expense is 'negative'. 8)
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Negative as in does something that "harms" the player, rather than "helping" them (for want of better words).

I'm just reporting the feedback I get from those elements in Pods, which are very much along the lines of the suggestions here.
Agis Silverfish
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Agis Silverfish »

Well, can it be done so it affects pirates too? This OXP would be 'bad' for smugglers (players and non-players) and 'good' for all that don't carry those goods.
Hans Olo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Hans Olo »

I would rather have cargo that is dangerous in a different way. For instance, say you take a cargo contract for 110 tons of furs and it turns out to be narcotics, and you are being used to unwittingly smuggle illegal goods. Realistic trading risks, if you will.