Advanced Navigational Array - a few suggestions

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Svengali
Commander
Commander

Re: Advanced Navigational Array - a few suggestions

Post by Svengali »

Diziet Sma wrote:
I'd love the ability to set waypoints..
Could be interesting... The only thing is that player.ship.targetSystem is readonly inflight (for a good reason), but it can be set when docked.

I've implemented the handling on the LRC now. Route plotting is already there, but this needs some finetuning. The plan is to use Oolites route generation with the possibility to move points after creating the route.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

'Tis sounding good! 8)
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Svengali wrote:
That purple coloured diamond, marked "Nova", does that automatically pick up any system that has gone nova in the galaxy?
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

JazHaz wrote:
That purple coloured diamond, marked "Nova", does that automatically pick up any system that has gone nova in the galaxy?
Yes, I think it's required for route planning.
Cpt
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Cpt »

I like knowing when not to jump somewhere, although I would like a more dynamic system where new system stars and planets can be generated to make up for Novas and things like government, tech level rather than being generally constant, would be more dynamic with snoopers reporting a revolution or corporate state collapse or take over it would be more true to life though with in game balances I am sure that the more things change the more they stay the same overall... Know this would be a dynamic OXP!
Oolite is Ooheavy... Cpt says "Write on Commander"
<<My other spaceship is a Thargoid Pathfinder, from the wrong side of Riedquat >>
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Cpt wrote:
I like knowing when not to jump somewhere, although I would like a more dynamic system where new system stars and planets can be generated to make up for Novas and things like government, tech level rather than being generally constant, would be more dynamic with snoopers reporting a revolution or corporate state collapse or take over it would be more true to life though with in game balances I am sure that the more things change the more they stay the same overall... Know this would be a dynamic OXP!
This is already possible, although it is currently not clever to do it.

Some OXPs are storing data, usually to speed up later processing, or to have an easier anchor. If OXPs are changing system data the stored data is just plain wrong. What these OXPs would need is a notification (a handler) about changes to system settings. Without this handler it would only force OXPs to run slow code again and again.