[RELEASE] ETT Homing beacon 1.02

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Lone_Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[RELEASE] ETT Homing beacon 1.02

Post by Lone_Wolf »

The ETT Homing Beacon has been updated to version 1.02

changes :
- converted to OpenStep and Javascritp
- Hud icons added
- flashers corrected

Download

Todo :
- compass icons (the Hud icons become to small when used as compass icons).
- better/different models
- beacon from beacon launcher gives a beacon launcher or 25 kg Gold on scooping
beacon missile can be scooped but gives nothing. Change this ?

- NPCs scoop the beacon - look into ways to prevent this ?
Last edited by Lone_Wolf on Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OXPs : My user page

Retired, reachable at [email protected]
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Re: [RELEASE] ETT Homing beacon 1.02

Post by JensAyton »

Lone_Wolf wrote:
NPCs scoop the beacon - look into ways to prevent this ?
In shipdata.plist, set cargo_type = "CARGO_NOT_CARGO";.
Lone_Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lone_Wolf »

Code: Select all

"cargo_type" = "CARGO_SCRIPTED_ITEM";
script = "ettHomingBeacon.js";
These are the relevant entries for "beacon" now.
Can "CARGO_NOT_CARGO" items be scooped by players and if so, how can i attach a script to the scooping ?
Last edited by Lone_Wolf on Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Good point! You can’t get an event for the scooping if it isn’t CARGO_SCRIPTED_ITEM. Oh, and it turns out the player wouldn’t be able to scoop it either.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: ETT Homing beacon 1.02 [Release]

Post by Commander McLane »

Lone_Wolf wrote:
I'd suggest to remove the 25 Gold option completely, and also the check for if the player already has a beacon launcher. Why shouldn't you be able to have two or more beacon launchers?
Lone_Wolf wrote:
I wouldn't do that. If you deploy a beacon and leave the site, you should still be at risk that someone else has found it before you get back. After all, I don't think of the beacon as a court-proof way of legally claiming the cargo as yours.

So I'd suggest to simplify the script like this:

this.shipWasScooped = function(scooper)
	{
	if (scooper.isPlayer)
		{
		if (player.ship.canAwardEquipment("EQ_BEACONLAUNCHER_MINE")
			{
			player.ship.awardEquipment("EQ_BEACONLAUNCHER_MINE");
			}
		}
	}
By the way: your shipdata is faulty and is therefore discarded completely by Oolite. The third-to-last and second-to-last lines need a closing colon:

"weapon_energy" = "0.0";
    };
}
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Commander McLane wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:
I wouldn't do that. If you deploy a beacon and leave the site, you should still be at risk that someone else has found it before you get back. After all, I don't think of the beacon as a court-proof way of legally claiming the cargo as yours.
Yeah, but as it stands stations will launch scavengers for beacons.
Commander McLane wrote:
So I'd suggest to simplify the script like this:

this.shipWasScooped = function(scooper)
	{
	if (scooper.isPlayer)
		{
		if (player.ship.canAwardEquipment("EQ_BEACONLAUNCHER_MINE")
			{
			player.ship.awardEquipment("EQ_BEACONLAUNCHER_MINE");
			}
		}
	}
General equipment isn’t limited to the player these days. Also, you don’t need to call canAwardEquipment() before awardEquipment().

this.shipWasScooped = function (scooper)
{
    scooper.awardEquipment("EQ_BEACONLAUNCHER_MINE");
}
Lone_Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lone_Wolf »

Commander McLane wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:
I'd suggest to remove the 25 Gold option completely, and also the check for if the player already has a beacon launcher. Why shouldn't you be able to have two or more beacon launchers?
I agree, focused on duplicating the functionality first .
Commander McLane wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:
Maybe add a surprise for the NPC like the Exploding pod in the Pods oxp ?
Commander McLane wrote:
By the way: your shipdata is faulty and is therefore discarded completely by Oolite. The third-to-last and second-to-last lines need a closing colon:

"weapon_energy" = "0.0";
    };
}
Damn, that's the umpteenth syntax error. :evil: And no mention of it in the logs.

Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Lone_Wolf wrote:
Damn, that's the umpteenth syntax error. :evil: And no mention of it in the logs.
The problem with this type of error is, that it is accepted by windows systems, so there will be no problem for window users. On mac systems, the whole plist will be rejected, and there probably will be an error in the log.

Or alternatively to award gold, you could check if scooper.awardEquipment("EQ_BEACONLAUNCHER_MINE") returns false. It will when there were no free pylons. The best next thing would than be to add the beacon as 'machinery' or 'computers' to the manifest and not as gold.
Lone_Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lone_Wolf »

Eric Walch wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:
The problem with this type of error is, that it is accepted by windows systems, so there will be no problem for window users. On mac systems, the whole plist will be rejected, and there probably will be an error in the log.
I'm running linux, so apparently it's also accepted on linux systems.
guess there are more differences between the windows, linux and mac environments for oolite then it looks.
Eric Walch wrote:
Or alternatively to award gold, you could check if scooper.awardEquipment("EQ_BEACONLAUNCHER_MINE") returns false. It will when there were no free pylons. The best next thing would than be to add the beacon as 'machinery' or 'computers' to the manifest and not as gold.
The 25 kg gold equates roughly to 1k credits, a bit more then the purchase price.

JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Lone_Wolf wrote:
I'm running linux, so apparently it's also accepted on linux systems.
guess there are more differences between the windows, linux and mac environments for oolite then it looks.
The Mac version is built on Cocoa, the native Mac OS X framework. The ports are built on GNUstep, which these days is essentially a clone of Cocoa. Plist parsing is part of the framework, and GNUstep is more permissive than Cocoa.

This difference is one of the reasons for switching to a new config file syntax in 2.0: the parser will be Oolite-specific and shared on all platforms.
Lone_Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lone_Wolf »

I'd like to use something like this for compass icon for the homing beacon, but i'm no artist.

The tower part can be left out, it's the arcs that matter.
Can somebody make an icon definition of this ?

Fleurghber
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Fleurghber »

Something's not right here:

"Opening log for Oolite version 1.86 (x86-64) under Mac OS X Version 10.9.5 (Build 13F1911) at 2018-03-17 01:34:20 pm +0000.
Machine type: iMac14,1, 8192 MiB memory, 4 x x86 (Haswell) @ 2700 MHz.
Build options: OpenAL, new planets.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

13:34:20.652 [dataCache.rebuild.pathsChanged]: Cache is stale (search paths have changed). Rebuilding from scratch.
13:34:20.679 [system]: Invalid color System, labelColor (warning given only once)
13:34:20.755 [rendering.opengl.version]: OpenGL renderer version: 2.1.0 ("2.1 INTEL-8.28.37"). Vendor: "Intel Inc.". Renderer: "Intel Iris Pro OpenGL Engine".
13:34:20.755 [rendering.opengl.extensions]: OpenGL extensions (128):
GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_EXT_transform_feedback, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3, GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex, GL_EXT_debug_label, GL_EXT_geometry_shader4, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_ATI_separate_stencil, GL_APPLE_vertex_point_size, GL_EXT_texture_rectangle, GL_APPLE_specular_vector, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex, GL_EXT_texture_array, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_APPLE_pixel_buffer, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_APPLE_fence, GL_APPLE_ycbcr_422, GL_EXT_timer_query, GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_depth_clamp, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled, GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_NV_texture_barrier, GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_APPLE_object_purgeable, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_APPLE_rgb_422, GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_APPLE_element_array, GL_ATI_texture_float, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_ARB_sync, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_APPLE_texture_range, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_ARB_instanced_arrays, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2, GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_ARB_vertex_blend, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_EXT_packed_float, GL_APPLE_aux_depth_stencil, GL_APPLE_row_bytes, GL_NV_light_max_exponent, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_ARB_color_buffer_float, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_APPLE_client_storage, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_EXT_gpu_shader4, GL_APPLE_flush_render, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, GL_APPLE_vertex_program_evaluators, GL_APPLE_transform_hint, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_APPLE_flush_buffer_range, GL_EXT_texture_integer, GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp, GL_NV_fog_distance, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_ARB_texture_rg, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map, GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_ARB_half_float_vertex, GL_APPLE_vertex_array_range, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_APPLE_packed_pixels, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_EXT_debug_marker, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode, GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint, GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent, GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once, GL_APPLE_float_pixels, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float, GL_ARB_draw_instanced
13:34:20.760 [rendering.opengl.shader.support]: Shaders are supported.
13:34:20.769 [dataCache.rebuild.pathsChanged]: Cache is stale (search paths have changed). Rebuilding from scratch.
13:34:20.769 [searchPaths.dumpAll]: Resource paths:
~/Desktop/Games and things/Elite family/Oolite-1.86/Oolite.app/Contents/Resources
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Lone_Wolf.ETTHomingBeacon.oxz
13:34:20.777 [shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
13:34:20.782 [plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.Lone_Wolf.ETTHomingBeacon.oxz/Config/shipdata.plist as a property list.
Unexpected character { at line 1
13:34:21.262 [startup.complete]: ========== Loading complete in 0.57 seconds. ==========
13:34:25.593 [exit.context]: Exiting: Exit Game selected on start screen.

Closing log at 2018-03-17 01:34:25 pm +0000."
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Does not load on my Mac.

See https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20789 for what may be possible fixes.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Josef
Competent
Competent

Post by Josef »

Hi everybody,
does anybody know how much that equipment costs?
Josef
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

Launcher is 800cr (TL11+). Missile is 860cr (TL13+)