[RELEASE] Boa II Clipper OXP v2.0

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

[RELEASE] Boa II Clipper OXP v2.0

Post by Smivs »

Edit:- I have become aware of a problem relating to the player ship texture. Bugfixed v2.2.1 is now available.

I'm happy to announce that v2.0 of Boa Clipper is now available.
This new version keeps the ship the same in terms of specification etc but adds the non-shader lighting effects that Oolite v1.74 facilitates. Also, following the discussion here regarding the impermanence of the core Models, I have also added a Model folder to the OXP. This should avoid any problems arising from changes to the models in future releases of Oolite.
This has been one of my most popular OXPs, with over 250 downloads so far, and I hope you'll agree that this new version is a worthy successor.
The wiki has been updated, as has my Oolite homepage.

Boa Clipper v2.0 can be downloaded Here.

26/9/2010
v2.1 is now available. This minor update improves the emission map (lighting effects), changes the ship's name on the scanner from 'Boa II Clipper' to 'Boa Clipper' and adds heat shielding to the NPC versions for safer sun-skimming.

07/11/2010
v2.2 released. Incorporates a new emission map - improved 'spotlights', adds 'glow' to the heat exchangers and adds a few potholes.
Last edited by Smivs on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
mcarans
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mcarans »

Admittedly I am just flying backwards and forwards between two systems, but one of them Ensorius is tech level 12 and I see a whole range of ships (that changes over time) including the Boa Cruiser, but not the Boa Clipper whose OXP I have installed.

I will try flying to some other systems to see if I can find it somewhere.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Since you mentioned your lack of Clippers, I had a look around yesterday during normal gameplay, and found several of them. There was a standard model at a TL9, but the TL14 I visited was best with two for sale including a tasty one with Naval Energy Unit and Docking Computers...a snip at around 680,000 Cr.

I am sure you will find some, but you could speed the process up a bit by 'tweaking' the shipyard.plist. Try reducing the tech level (near the bottom of the .plist) right down to 1 if necessary. You can also increase the 'Chance' at the top, but this will also increase the chance of equipment being fitted...not a bad thing necessarily.
Remember if you do edit the shipyard.plist, DON'T use notepad! It's horrible and does naughty things that can cause all sorts of problems.
:)
mcarans
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mcarans »

I will explore a few systems in due course and see if I come across it.

Thanks for your help.
mcarans
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mcarans »

I finally saw one for sale at a TL10 :-)
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

mcarans wrote:
I finally saw one for sale at a TL10 :-)
Good, I was starting to wonder what was happening. :? I hope it was worth the wait (of course it was :D )

Thanks for letting me know.
mcarans
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mcarans »

I finally bought one! :lol:

I had enough money but had to spend 4 hours going between about 50-100 systems (I long lost count) to find one which was frustrating but finally I have this most beautiful of vessels.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

mcarans wrote:
I finally bought one! :lol:

I had enough money but had to spend 4 hours going between about 50-100 systems (I long lost count) to find one which was frustrating but finally I have this most beautiful of vessels.
Great news...enjoy :D
I still don't understand how scarce they seem to be for you, but...
If you wanted a suitable avatar, and in case you hadn't spotted it, there is now a gallery of avatars of all my ships (incl Boa Clipper) available. Go to your Profile and down at the bottom, 'show gallery'.
hangerhead
Poor
Poor

BOA II, installed but cannot buy

Post by hangerhead »

I've got version 1.7.4 installed and have installed the BOA II OXP pack.
I can see the ship available for sale, but I cannot buy it.
I can buy other ships and I have plenty of funds available.
hangerhead
Poor
Poor

Post by hangerhead »

i'm wondering if perhaps i have mis-edited something else separately so i will do a fresh install first and try again.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: BOA II, installed but cannot buy

Post by Smivs »

hangerhead wrote:
I've got version 1.7.4 installed and have installed the BOA II OXP pack.
I can see the ship available for sale, but I cannot buy it.
I can buy other ships and I have plenty of funds available.
Hi Hangerhead,
That's odd, isn't it? I haven't heard that before.
The OXP is working fine (as far as I know) and has had nearly 350 downloads...no one else has reported this problem, and I know many commanders are now flying Boa Clippers.
I don't really know what to suggest. The only reason I know for a ship showing as For Sale but being un-buyable is insufficient funds.
Does anyone else have any thoughts?
Smivs

Edit:- I've had a look into this and have noticed that the box.net download is an earlier version which I should have updated. This should not cause this problem, but I will upload the current version today at some point (when RL leaves me alone). The download direct from 'smivsonline'is the current version. I have now updated the box.net download to the current version.
hangerhead
Poor
Poor

Post by hangerhead »

must have been something else i did as I reinstalled completely and then was able to purchase a boa II clipper, thanks.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

That's good...I'm glad it's all OK. Hope you enjoy it :D
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

26/9/2010
v2.1 is now available.

This minor update improves the emission map (lighting effects), changes the ship's name on the scanner from 'Boa II Clipper' to 'Boa Clipper' and adds heat shielding to the NPC versions for safer sun-skimming.
Smivsonline and box.netdownloads have both been updated.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

07/11/2010

Version 2.2 released.

This version just adds a new emission map. The 'spotlights' have been refined, a red 'glow' has been added to the heat exchangers, and a few portholes have been added.
(This will bring the appearance in line with the Boa Class Cruiser in Smivs'Shipset v3.0 when it is released.)