BGS - The BackgroundSet

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

ralph_hh
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: BGS - The BackgroundSet

Post by ralph_hh »

spara wrote:
CCL 1.7 zip available in the wiki does not have manifest.plist, so the new BGS fails to see it. Either download the CCL oxz version from the wiki or from the in-game manager.

Btw, the BGS zip seems to hold a BGS-A_1.10.6 folder that holds a BGS-A_1.10.6.oxp folder. Just move the oxp folder from the BGS-A_1.10.6 folder to the AddOns. No need to rename anything.
Oh yes, there is a manifest.plist in the Folder!

The zip contained no oxp Folder, no oxp subfolder. the BGS Folder unzipped contaied the usual config and sounds subfolders... Well, that could be overcome easyly.
No idea, what the Problem is.
If the OXP zip file is corrupt, maybe it should not be on the wiki`?

I'll delete the BGS and re-install it via in game Expansion Manager. Thanks for that Suggestions!

WORKS FINE!! THANKS GUYS!!
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tricky »

Commander_X wrote:
@Tricky: may I point out this part of the "Progress" thread.

The main question/request would be if the "bgs_fxEngineDown" and "bgs_fxEngineUp" effects could be linked with the "real game" (e.g. speed up/speed down/torus drive on/torus drive off) events (as opposed to the "system" events, as presented by cim -- mainly automated "torus drive on"/"torus drive off" to bump up/down the speed while traveling off the main lanes).

The reason behind this request is that it's a bit disorienting during a torus ride when the sound effects kick in as a follow up of the underlying system adjustments.
Just to clarify, are you using v1.10.7 ???

From this post https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f= ... 55#p230512
Small fix for new torus speeds over the old maximum of 32 * max ship speed.

Download 1.10.7 from the in game OXZ update manager or from:
If you are then there is something I didn't notice in testing.

Edit: Just noticed I hadn't updated the wiki if that is where you got it from. I have updated it now.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

ralph_hh wrote:
spara wrote:
CCL 1.7 zip available in the wiki does not have manifest.plist, so the new BGS fails to see it. Either download the CCL oxz version from the wiki or from the in-game manager.

Btw, the BGS zip seems to hold a BGS-A_1.10.6 folder that holds a BGS-A_1.10.6.oxp folder. Just move the oxp folder from the BGS-A_1.10.6 folder to the AddOns. No need to rename anything.
Oh yes, there is a manifest.plist in the Folder!

The zip contained no oxp Folder, no oxp subfolder. the BGS Folder unzipped contaied the usual config and sounds subfolders... Well, that could be overcome easyly.
No idea, what the Problem is.
If the OXP zip file is corrupt, maybe it should not be on the wiki`?

I'll delete the BGS and re-install it via in game Expansion Manager. Thanks for that Suggestions!

WORKS FINE!! THANKS GUYS!!
First of all, I'm glad you got it working. Apart from that, I think there's some serious misunderstanding somewhere. BGS-A_1.10.7.zip (like 1.10.6 earlier) file from the wiki contains a BGS-A_1.10.7 folder that contains a BGS-A_1.10.oxp folder and a file BGS-A_1.10_Readme.rtf file. That oxp folder contains a manifest file and all is fine (as earlier). Cabal_Common_Library1.7.zip on the other hand contains a Cabal_Common_Library1.7.oxp folder and a Cabal_Commonn_Library1.7 Readle.rtf file. The oxp folder does not contain a manifest file and that, according the data you provided earlier, is the reason it failed.

I would not go as far as saying that anything is corrupt, it's more of a work in progress type of thing. Oolite version 1.80 brought some big changes and wiki + OXPs are (very) slowly catching up. The problem with old OXPs is that there are something like 500 OXPs in the list and there's only a small number of OXP maintainers active.
ralph_hh
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ralph_hh »

Dont't want to argue, from the office PC I can't verify, but well, it's not the first OXP I use, so basically, I hope I know what to look for. Maybe I did something accidentially. Maybe that was due to some new-years hangover issues :-)

But one thing to say: I'm quite impressed and very happy with the support level, this community offers. Keeping the Wiki up to date, the OXPs adjusted to newer Oolite Versions and last not least the support in this forum is simply fantastic!
Commander_X
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander_X »

Tricky wrote:
I am, now :-D
Sorry for the noise, all is good!

<departs mumbling something about the age of some players, and why don't they use "post it"s if they lack the memory to properly sync multiple copies of their AddOns folder after newer versions are downloaded, [...] />
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tricky »

Commander_X wrote:
Tricky wrote:
I am, now :-D
Sorry for the noise, all is good!

<departs mumbling something about the age of some players, and why don't they use "post it"s if they lack the memory to properly sync multiple copies of their AddOns folder after newer versions are downloaded, [...] />
Panic over, nothing to see here.

Keep the bug reports coming in. 8)
ralph_hh
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ralph_hh »

How do i disable certain bGS sounds? Or, better to say, Keep the originals?
put an "//" in front of the line in the customsounds.plist? or do I have to Change anything in the bgs-m.js ?
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

ralph_hh wrote:
How do i disable certain bGS sounds? Or, better to say, Keep the originals?
put an "//" in front of the line in the customsounds.plist? or do I have to Change anything in the bgs-m.js ?
For the first part in BGS customsounds.plist it is safe to outcomment them. There are 2 exceptions though "[@beep]" and "[menu-navigation-not]" which are used in BGS-M.js ("[@beep]" can be outcommented as well - Oolite declares it in its own customsounds.plist). Chatter and music (and other things) can be disabled via OXPConfig or setting the flags in the script if you want to edit BGS-M.js (see [wiki]BGS_Doc[/wiki]).
ralph_hh wrote:
Well, the number of downloads tells you nothing about how many users deleted the pack again or
manipulate it in order to get rid of part of it.
Yep. The number of downloads is only a very rough indicator, but <1% for the single packs is clear enough .-) Maybe the docking effect has changed the situation slightly, but BGS-M has shipped the hyperjump effect and was in sync with BGS-A up to v1.6. It still got only <1%...
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

The host of BGS (rockthehalo.org.uk) is down at the moment. If Tricky can not fix it shortly then I plan to upload it into the wiki.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Norby »

BGS upload into the wiki is done. The new 1.10.8 is identical with 1.10.7 except the manifest is within my login in the admin page.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

It would be interesting to hear some opinions about the hyperjump shader performance. Let me know if it still runs smooth in v1.80/v1.82.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

There's always at least one stutter (in 1.80 and 1.82), but whether it's the OXP or Oolite doing it, I know not.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Day
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Day »

Cody wrote:
There's always at least one stutter (in 1.80 and 1.82), but whether it's the OXP or Oolite doing it, I know not.
Same for me. Very beautiful nonetheless.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

A request. Now that Oolite 1.82 is just around the corner, the chart functionality (XMapping?) needs to be fixed either by removing/disabling it or redoing it by using SystemInfo.setInterstellarProperty. The current overlaying isn't working properly because of the zoomable map.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: BGS - The BackgroundSet v1.10.9

Post by Norby »

spara wrote:
The current overlaying isn't working properly because of the zoomable map.
Now I commented out the setScreenOverlay call in 1.10.9 and limited the max. Oolite version to 1.80 in 1.10.8. I kept all other parts of XMapping for the text messages in Snoopers when arrive into a famous sector.

Please test it for sure and feel free to make a proper fix. ;)