The Red Set

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

The Red Set

Post by another_commander »

Are you bored looking at a black background when accessing interface screens? Here is an alternative: A background set to make the UI visuals a tiny bit more interesting. Before anything else, I just wanted to say this: The color of the backgrounds is tinted red. This is totally monitor-unfriendly and I know it. It was done deliberately so, as a somewhat pull-leg response to a comment by Commander McLane about most background screens being blueish. It might be tiresome to look at after a while, but I thought that instead of having it collecting dust in my hard disk, why not share it anyway?

Please consider this just a small demo and use at own risk, or wait for Svengali and PAGroove to release their proper, gorgeous backgrounds set to the public.

Link for downloading the Red Set: http://terrastorage.ath.cx/Marmagka/e8e ... RedSet.zip

Edit: Re-uploaded the set, because the original included a test screenbackgrounds.plist.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: The Red Set

Post by Smivs »

another_commander wrote:
Are you bored looking at a black background when accessing interface screens? Here is an alternative: A background set to make the UI visuals a tiny bit more interesting. Before anything else, I just wanted to say this: The color of the backgrounds is tinted red. This is totally monitor-unfriendly and I know it. It was done deliberately so, as a somewhat pull-leg response to a comment by Commander McLane about most background screens being blueish. It might be tiresome to look at after a while, but I thought that instead of having it collecting dust in my hard disk, why not share it anyway?
Mmmm. I think I like :) although they can make the info harder to read. Perhaps a little fainter/more transparent? Nice though, and thanks for sharing them.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Grabbing .-)
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Download link is broken. Can anyone point me to an alternative download, either of the entire OXP or just the logo image for the intro screen? (Why was that particular background image not added to core Oolite years ago?)
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Small (and final) update to version 1.1 including some newly introduced screens. Uploaded to https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwG6R5 ... sp=sharing. If anyone would like to adopt it and continue maintaining it, please go ahead.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

The download link a_c gave there won't work for most people, but GOOD NEWS, the link from Cholmondely's wiki page does work.
Cholmondely wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:11 pm